BACKMASK Album Finished!

This isn't how I discovered it, but if you watch the Zen of Screaming DVD, Melissa Cross talks about making a "Marge Simpson" noise. It's kind of similar to that. You just have to direct the air flow in such a way that you get this weird raspy scream. It's not that different than the Dani Filth high-pitched scream either.

But yeah, I did totally rip this off from Peter Tägtgren. :lol:

Thanks! I should get that DVD anyway. And hey, if you're going to imatate anyone he'd be the guy as far as I'm concerned. :)

That sounds fantastic! Amazing work Kazrog! I really love your vocal style. Are all the heavy guitar tones used with your two PODxt patches in your sig?

holy crap, amazing

i just listened to soilwork before i listened to this, and i have to say that those guitar tones are dead on soilwork, and your drums rock

dude, awesome work, from the bottom of my heart

That sounds fantastic! Amazing work Kazrog! I really love your vocal style. Are all the heavy guitar tones used with your two PODxt patches in your sig?

Thanks! I wish I could get the POD XT to sound as good as my 6505+ head plus Mesa v30 cabinet!! Then life would be much easier. But, miking cabs has been fun and educational for me.

holy crap, amazing

i just listened to soilwork before i listened to this, and i have to say that those guitar tones are dead on soilwork, and your drums rock

dude, awesome work, from the bottom of my heart

Wow, thanks, that means a lot man, seriously! I think it's probably pretty obvious that Soilwork is a huge influence, and that's definitely been one of the tone references, so I'm happy that you can hear that and that I got that close with my tone!

The chorus "New Revelation" reminds me a lot fo Scar Symmetry (which I guess some would also say Soilwork), good all around. I'm diggin' it:headbang:

I'm in the process of testing our PayPal download store and making some tweaks to our new website design. If all goes according to plan I will launch the site at midnight Pacific time (GMT-8). I'm excited!

Sounds great man.....

Yeah, not digging that snare...but overall it sounds awesome! Well done!