A respite from the grind

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
When was everybody's last vacation? (A vacation constituting 5 days of liberty not brought upon by infection.) The last "holiday" I took was back in October when I traversed up to Portland to see Agalloch. While it was a joyous time to be had, it was as ephemeral as a Nathrahk boner. Starting this Thursday I'm off for 6 days, and I have nothing in store aside from upping the irons, and lowering the lumbar.

This past June. Went to Seaside,Florida - the town in which The Truman Show takes place - for the billionth time since 2001. I potentially won't have another vacation until 2012 because I plan on taking classes all through 2011.
Enjoy yours.

I went to Brazil in June for a couple of weeks. Pretty much just chilled in a hammock for the whole time. It was relaxing, but I prefer more exploring old buildings and chillin' with the natives than I did.

went to Mexico about a year ago with the wife for 5 days. it was a joy, really. those mexicans know how to keep the white man happy. so does the wife.

Japan in May for two weeks. Amazing, amazing times. I'd love to go back, spend more time, or possibly teach English eventually. I miss it like I miss no other place I've been. Normally, I'm pining for home by the end of fourteen days abroad, but this time I'd have stayed.

Spent 2 weeks camping at the end of september on the baltic. Beach, Beer and for "manliness" hauling wood (already dead trees) out of the forest in insane volumes every day and burning it.

Had a long holiday last month. My mother visited so I decided to show her all the Japanesey touristy stuff this time around. By the time the vacation was over I was more tired than when it began. God damn, I hate when that happens.

I go away for weekends fairly often. Went to Howqua fishing this weekend just passed. Spent 5 days in Tocumwal in January, fishing, a weekend fishing in Purrumbete in April, few camping trips in the high country, more fishing trips to Howqua.

I get 3 weeks off over Christmas each year. Spent a week at Howqua over New Year's last gone. I like Howqua.

Heading to Dartmouth fishing in November, then over my Christmas break I'll be staying in Lakes Entrance for 8 days. Where I'll do a spot of fishing.

Last time I had a trip of any real significance was back in '06 when I spent 6 months in Europe.