A Time of Changes Yet Again

eaeolian

Division Guitarist
Feb 11, 2002
Woodbridge, VA
www.division-usa.com
Founding member Matt Crooks will be leaving Division to pursue other creative opportunities. He'll be performing his last two shows with the band on August 20th, at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA and with Nevermore at Jaxx on August 29th.

We wish him well in his future endeavors.

For obvious reasons, Division is currently auditioning guitarists. Any interested parties please contact info@division-usa.com, or visit www.division-usa.com for more information on the band.

Mike, Nick, James, and Ron
Division

I was in Division/Visionary for over twelve years, so it was not an easy decision to leave. However, my heart is not in Division any longer, and it's not fair to the other members of the band for me to stay. I'm not going anywhere, though - I'll still be at all the shows I can make (studio schedule permitting).

I will still be running the studio, which will keep me quite busy. I'll also be writing material that I hope will see the light of day sometime. And... I'll be keeping my options open for a while, who knows what tomorrow holds, I don't plan on being gone forever.

For the Division family - thank you for all the highs, all the lows, and all the nights I don't remember! I have some many fond memories that I can't even begin to list them here. Mike and I have been at this for a long time, and I know that I leave the band in capable hands. I wish nothing but the best for Mike, Nick, James and Ron. This is quite a talented lineup and I am sure that Division will only get better.

To the other former members - Steve, EJ, Jeff, Brian, Chris, Alex, Dan and Scott, thanks for all the fun and for three CDs of which I am very proud.

To the Division fans - thanks for all the support for the last decade, it really means the world to me.

To my wife - thanks for all your support, and I'm sorry I'll be in your hair even more now :)

LMLP
Matt

There is something magical about that white V that makes my instructor not want to play his Yngwie Strat or USA Schecter Strat. I had to stop bringing it to lessons with me, because he would grab it and make me play his guitar, and I just can't deal with that. Strats feel like toys to me.

Damnit, I go away for 2 weeks and this happens??!?

Good luck with everything, Matt, although I admittedly haven't hung out with you as much as with the other guys, I think you might possibly sorta know who I am. Either way, I look forward to chilling with you at shows and will do my damndest to make it to the show on the 20th.

Wow!! I am absolutely shocked!! I go on vacation for a week and come back to news like this. Never did I expect this announcement in a million years!! Just as I thought you guys were picking up some momentum and moving in the right direction -- BAMMMMMM!!! -- not only losing a member, but a founding member, awesome guitarist, and genuinely nice guy! We'll ignore the recording studio ;-)

Matt, best of luck in whatever you decide to persue. I'm sure that you've thought long and hard about this decision and it didn't come easy. I hope to see you not only at the local shows as a spectator, but still up on stage in some band playing your ass off.

To the rest of the band, I wish you the best of luck in finding a replacement. I know how frustrating line-up changes can be, but I hope that you don't let this deter you from moving forward stronger than ever. I never heard the band with Scott, but I strongly feel that your most recent changes have been most definitely for the better with Ron and James. As difficult as I think it is going to be, I can only hope that Matt's replacement lifts the band as much as they have. Some serious shoes to fill, but I'm sure you will prevail. Besides we still have shows to do together in the future!

Again, best of luck to everyone!!

Holy shit...I too have been away for a while, and come back to read this devastating news.

As all the previous posts, and I'm sure others have done it verbally, I wish you all the best Matt. I only wish I could be there on the 20th for that one last show.

I visited today to post that Jon Oliva is playing at Jaxx on 9/15 and that you guys should open for them. I guess that means this won't happen now...unless...unless Matt makes THAT his final appearance!? Huh, huh? Whaddya say?

Damnit...I'm still shocked by this news.

Caracas

Just make sure Matt's replacement has a habit of coming to practice like this:

clown.jpg