A to Z of Power Metal

Bloody hell, they cottoned on quick haven't they?! :eek: I noticed Seventh One are on the CD, I remember someone plugging them in this forum awhile back, still got the mp3s...

...sounds like a cool book! :D

I guess we may be in it too then as i notice it's by Garry Sharpe Young. He did our page on Rock Detector (don't know if he's updated it recently?) i met him whilst he managed Marshall Law.

And coming soon from the same guys....

THE WORLD’S BIGGEST POWER METAL ALBUM!

Each of these will be a double CD of the new elite of each genre, Thrash, Doom & Power. Bands from around the world, all with full line-up, discography, website & contact details.

These albums will be distributed internationally, promoted on the Rockdetector site and will prove invaluable promotion tools for the bands involved.

INCLUSION IS FREE! We will choose the best of each genre to be represented.

If your band is interested in taking part you need to send the following to reach us BEFORE 31st April 2003.

2 x CD

2 x high quality band photograph

1 x biography

Contact details: email, official website

The address:

David Jones,

ROCKDETECTOR (Comp.),

Musicdetector Websites Ltd,

P.O. Box 3138,

New Plymouth,

Taranaki,

New Zealand

PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS!

I've had a quick browse and it's got some good info in it so I would recommend it.

Anyway this is what it says about you guys.

POWER QUEST

UK / NEW ZEALAND / ITALY

A symphonic inclined Metal act in the Euro tradition was born out of keyboard player Steve Williams departure from London Power Metal act DRAGONHEART (later DRAGONFORCE) in March 2001. Williams also had prior experience with DOG DAY SUNRISE. Joining him would be former DRAGONHEART and SHADOW KEEP New Zealand born bassist Steve Scott and D.R.S. guitarist Adam Bickers. Also joining the unit would be Sam Totman, also operational as a current member of DRAGONFORCE and Black Metal act DEMONIAC, and in April 2002 POWER QUEST pulled in Italian singer Alessio Garavello or ARTHEMIS.

The band increased their Italian contingent with the recruitment of a third guitarist another ARTHEMIS member Andrea Martongelli, in July. Maetongelli was drawn in just in time to contribute guitar solos to the debut album ‘Wings Of Forever’

Short but sweet but you all get further mentions with some of your other former/currnet bands such as Dragonforce, Arthemis and Shadow Keep.