A very CHILDREN OF BODOMy song mix test

Lowberg

Aug 26, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hey, I wrote a song in the style of Children of Bodom because I like them a lot!

I am recording it for fun because I'm bored here living at school.
Im Trying to make the production sound very Bodomy as well (shootin for the Hate Crew Deathroll era sound)

Let me know what you think! This is just the first 30 seconds or so of the song.

For some REASON (bad play on words) the first few notes of the keyboard got cut out when i mixed down, oh well you get the idea.
And i popped my B string on that whammy bar shit but I'm gonna keep it in the recording

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6974233

Im having a hard time EQing the mix though, The Lee Jackson Pre-amp is very strange to EQ for the fact that Ive been messing around trying to find the "resonant point" or whatever by making a very small Q and boosting it up really high and seeing where it gets really loud, and it doesn't, I sweeped all over my paragraphic EQ and it didn't seem to really make much of an effect anywhere.

Im having a hard time EQing the mix though, The Lee Jackson Pre-amp is very strange to EQ for the fact that Ive been messing around trying to find the "resonant point" or whatever by making a very small Q and boosting it up really high and seeing where it gets really loud, and it doesn't, I sweeped all over my paragraphic EQ and it didn't seem to really make much of an effect anywhere.

I feel that. :lol:

dude that sounds fucking SICK honestly!
I thought the keys were a bit loud, but if you want bodomesque recording... you nailed it!