A very deserving band that needs our attention : Grip Inc.

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
I think it's good for our health to talk about other bands than Nevermore and Sanctuary, so here it is: Grip Inc., a side project of Dave Lombardo. Great thrash metal à la Slayer with some speed elements and I uploaded some samples for you people. (yes, I am that nice)

You guys will thank me later for showing you that Nevermore isn't the only great band on Earth. (if the hat fits, wear it :D )

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WDYXLDG0H9OQ2YQ093GSZHT0H

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3OJSCINQAIW4Z0C5VSKVGWWJYV

you bet they sound good, I ordered their entire discography the second I heard them. They only have 3 cds btw.

used to listen to these guys a lot years ago. I checked out that newest one when it came out but I didn't get into it, never gave it much of a chance tbh... might have to revisit it

edit: no I shouldn't lie, I won't listen to it again, but I believe you.

stale with the new stuff...
its cool gus is still doign the punker vox

Stormrider1981 said:
Four.

-Power of Inner Strength

-Nemesis

-Solidify

-Incorporated.

Yeah, Grip's great. I've been listening to them for years.

I really like the first two. I couldn't get into Solidigy. Waldemar Soryatcha is a great producer/guitarist. It could be a rumour, but I heard a while back that singer Gus Chamberss was in a mental institution???? Remember listening to these when I was in college in 1994-1995.

Dead_Lioness said:
bands who remind me of my youth are Agressor, Sadus, Overkill, Possessed, Exhorder...
I guess I'm just an old fart :loco: ;)

just kidding A ;)

Lioness, I'm the old fart around hear. I loved Exhorder. I got "The Law" on cassette. Love their version of Sabbath's Into The Void. Overkill-Hello from the Gutter, In Union We Stand, Horrorscope etc... Brings back memories.

ZANEX said:

I really like the first two. I couldn't get into Solidigy. Waldemar Soryatcha is a great producer/guitarist. It could be a rumour, but I heard a while back that singer Gus Chamberss was in a mental institution???? Remember listening to these when I was in college in 1994-1995.
Possibly. He's a manic-depressive and the behaviour of one often gets misinterpreted. He seems like a cool guy, though.