A2Z - "Parasites in Paradise" -Instrumental project by Zachary Hietala & Ari Hentunen

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005

While Tarot has been on the docks due Marco's commitment with Nightwish's world tour, the other members have not been only idling and picking their noses.

A2Z is the project on which Zac has been working since early last year. Now the co-operation with him and his custom guitar luthier Ari Hentunen (who is also a talented guitar player) is bearing nice fruit in the form of a CD "Parasites of Paradise" due out on June 7. 2013.

"Parasites of Paradise isn't the "usual guitar album". There's much more in the album than just shredding gazillion notes in second! The main emphasis is in the songs, beautiful themes, heavy riffing, mood changes and yet there is still plenty of room for stylish lead guitar playing to be heard.

Zac: "I have to commit some things... first of all, me and Ari wanted to make a guitar album, which contains some spirit of -70's Al Di Meola prog to -80's Tony MacAlpine guitar hero stuff, mixed to todays melodic heavy metal. In my opinion, we succeeded. Mika and Pekka, [the rhythm section] they are so superb musicians, me and Ari gave them free hands to go on rhythm parts and they made them like jazz to metal to give us the freedom make guitars to fly. Superb!"

The first released track is called "Praying Mantis"

More info at https://www.facebook.com/parasitesofparadise

Pre-order from RecordshopX or from iTunes

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of diversity just in that one track. This definitely fits the bill for "not your typical instrumental album", sounds like something I should look into.