Abandoned: thrash for the 21st century

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
So thrash fanaticals (and I know you are a lot here) don't cry for the old bygone days, the flame still burns!

Abandoned is a German band whose 2006 debut "Thrash Notes" has hit me like a thermonuclear explosion. I'm kind of difficult for thrash I like it aggressive but melodic, I want decent vocals, I like good playing, therefore in all my years as a rocker few bands have graced my collection.
Lately I have discover a lot of old speed/thrash bands and enjoy their material, sadly most of them are gone and no more stuff will come. Is in this wake that Abandoned comes like a whirlwind of fresh air.

Think very old school thrash, the best from Forbidden, Testament, Metallica, Megadeth, think Slayer well played, think Kreator or Destruction but more technical and better vocals and then you have Abandoned.

All songs are crushers, the guitar playing and solos are superb, and the rythm base is ponderous to say the least. But I have to remark two of them 'Phoenix Rise' and You're Going Down! as examples of what THRASH is (IMO).
I expect a lot from this band, I hope they can take metal and thrash for a ride that wasn't seen since the heyday of Metallica.

Highly recommended.

NP: Carnivore - 'Armageddon'

what is their production like???... i find that alot of new thrash bands that play old school have horrible over the top production.. especially on the drums.. which make them sound like drum machines....yukk

is the production old school sounding analog ????

Death Animal said:
:err: Well singing didn´t sound very impressing at first hearing.
But everything else sounds good.
Yeah it rocks:kickass:

im at work at the moment and cant listen to mp3's

im really intrigued now.... i'll have to wait till tonite to hear it !!