Abbath Doom(ed?) Occulta..

Jaim

Unleashed
Oct 25, 2002
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Well, we seem to hear a lot about Peter and Horgh's progressing (logical..) yet there's an important figure which is quite well 'hidden' in the shadows? I think Abbath's vocals are one of the best EVER (metal genre in general) and he is a great guitarplayer....but what happened to him? I heard some vague rumors about him taking a break or so, but to be honest it doesn't help much :tickled: Does anyone know what the Son of Northern Darkness is up to nowadays? (well the most recent thing I heard were his guest vocals on Dimmu's DCA.) Oh yeah, by a sidenote...I'm glad to be back around the forum, it has been a few years since I've been here...greets to Wendy!

ubiquitos said:
i checked it out and the name of the cover band is Bömbers
Ahha, now I recall that name, I think I've seen something about it before, didn't have any info on it, nor did I pay further attention back then, thanks again. :D

Hehe...yes he can...question is, why doesn't he? I mean, to play in a coverband is (usually) one of the first steps in a new band...so this may seem like a big step back. Of course, it could just be a break-thing, or so I've heard..

Abbath is still around...he got up on stage during wacken and sung a song...i was too drunk to remember what band/song tho :tickled:

It's good to take breaks, he's just having fun playing music he likes playing.

Hes working on his own project right now, check immortals forums for the Downlow... he said in his magazine all he is going to do is become physcially fit and practice guitar until he is ready to start fresh again.

He was also in the quorthon tribute show at HITS 2004. He sang (no guitar :(), a few songs.

Here is ol pete and mr occult at good old wacken2k4 :D. and another of that tribute concert. Enjoy!!

Wacken04-01.jpg
(abbath - far right, peter to the left of him.)

You should be able to pick abbath out of this:http://www.swedishmetal.net/scripts/pictures/frame.html?frame=http://www.swedishmetal.net/scripts/pictures/type.asp?iType=101

Damn them All said:
Hes working on his own project right now, check immortals forums for the Downlow... he said in his magazine all he is going to do is become physcially fit and practice guitar until he is ready to start fresh again.

He was also in the quorthon tribute show at HITS 2004. He sang (no guitar :(), a few songs.

Here is ol pete and mr occult at good old wacken2k4 :D. and another of that tribute concert. Enjoy!!
Thanks much :D