Aborted - Goremageddon: The Saw and The Carnage Done

Terrifyer

Born to Murder the World
May 23, 2002
Mexico
Visit site
Im not good at doing reviews but here you go:

After a slow start of the year, the production of the brutal Death Metal albums seems to get going and an album that could play a vital role in that genre in 2003 is Belgium’s own ABORTED. After a great “Engineering The Dead” it’s up to the guys to prove their status and maybe even earn their spot in the hall of fame of the Death Metal world with their newest gore-fest, “Goremageddon”.
The full title of the new album is “Goremageddon: The Saw And The Carnage Done”, and it features 10 tracks of brutal, grinding and grooving Death Metal, comparable to the previous recordings. A clear connection with CARCASS is again audible on the new ABORTED record, not only through the short samples before some of the songs, but also through the typical CARCASS-riffs and solos. But to just call ABORTED a CARCASS-clone is just plain wrong: ABORTED is so much more than that. There are very few bands that can get away with a CARCASS comparison, but ABORTED is surely a band that can. And even more than on “Engineering The Dead” the band proves just that. The compositions on “Goremageddon” are nothing short of classic; incredibly diverse in nature and brutal to the bone. After a first song like “Meticulous Invagination” really nothing can go wrong, as this is the best track I have heard in years! The display of pretty much every range of Death Metal is impressive, and this line is continued throughout the entire album. On “Engineering The Dead” there were long movie samples before pretty much every song, which occasionally took the album out of its natural flow. But the reduction in both duration and number of those samples on “Goremageddon” takes care of this without losing the intended effect. With the massive and overwhelming production there is absolutely not a single thing on this record to complain about! For the quick buyers there’s even a bonus: The limited edition slipcase of the album will, besides different artwork on the slipcase, also have a cover by the band I mentioned a few times before, the song “Carnal Forge” to be exact. Though the promo did not contain this track I can only imagine it’s going to be great just like the rest of this album!

“Engineering The Dead” was already an outstanding CD which totally caught me off guard. But “Goremageddon: The Saw And The Carnage Done” my friends, that’s another story. This is the ultimate top of the Death Metal scene, this is instant classic material! This has to be the final international breakthrough of ABORTED, and it’s going to be a great band that will top this record this year, if anybody at all manages.

taken from: http://www.vampire-magazine.com/

Anyway, if you like death metal get this album now

Yes, an excellent album indeed. Everyone's running around like chickens with their heads cut-off saying Exhumed's Anatomy is Destiny is the best gore metal album this year.....but this Aborted release kicks AiD in the face....and keeps on kicking when its down!

Some evil hissing, and a little distortion puts those vocs over the edge. Chaotic guitars, and those wrist breaking, inhuman beats. Damn, I am really loving this disc. Still has the grooves and the melodic moments.

"The doctor is in....." I dig the samples, they throw you off.

Cool ... i will have to ick this up, especially since Carcas has had a recent revival in my car stereo playlist

Fuckin a, Goremageddon is great but does anyone else get bugged by track 4 (not sure of the title)? I can't put my finger on what it is about it but when it reaches the chorus, I hit the skip button. The whole song doesn't really seem to fit the rest of the album. Ehh, that's why satan invented skip buttons.

Does anybody know any swedish site where i can order this cd. I have looked everywhere here in jönköping, no store have it, not even the metal store..:(

SculptedCold said:
Yes, an excellent album indeed. Everyone's running around like chickens with their heads cut-off saying Exhumed's Anatomy is Destiny is the best gore metal album this year.....but this Aborted release kicks AiD in the face....and keeps on kicking when its down!

I don't agree, but it is a good album. :)