About Colossus...

Jaen

Nov 30, 2003
Atl,GA
Visit site
the part of "the pendulum upholds the carnal deciet", is this refering to Foucalt's Pendulum in anyway? i ask because the lyrics of Colossus seem to hint a bit at that concept.

:wave:

about colossus?

well, he is an x-men, and his real name is piotr rasputin, don't know too much about him.

sorry, i think i should of specified, i meant the song "Colossus" from Borkangar's album "Quintessence". i thought i wouldnt have to specify though, because you know, this being the Borknagar board and all...=p

lol, we know! We're just joking around. Collossus is the best Borknagar song ever! I just don't know the answer to your question. I'm sure one of the band members will answer your question eventually if they know.

Jaen said:
the part of "the pendulum upholds the carnal deciet", is this refering to Foucalt's Pendulum in anyway? i ask because the lyrics of Colossus seem to hint a bit at that concept.

:wave:
If I grasped what the basic concept of the lyrics are about, then I'd say yes. Good call on that one! If anyone else is interested in learning about this "Foucalt's Pendulum", check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum
Interesting topic in that song as well.

A few days ago I bought Umebrto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, I can say it's a good book. I can recommend it to anyone here.

Colossus is the best ever! You're right karp!

i like eco's "name of the rose" also...very good book. the movie is good also.
oh ya...i remember colossus from x-men hehe. is it true that the line "the colossus falls from its threshhold..." is a reference to the colossus of rhodes?

George said:
If I grasped what the basic concept of the lyrics are about, then I'd say yes. Good call on that one! If anyone else is interested in learning about this "Foucalt's Pendulum", check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum
Interesting topic in that song as well.

Wow, that's cool! I just happen to live in Lexington. Crazy I've never noticed that clock. Guess I need to go inside the library to see it lol.