About Mike Guy

sknight thanks so much for the question bro (And yeah Buddah has seen the good, bad and ugly lol).

Mikey is just an awesome, awesome drummer and is a huge part of Zero Hour's sound. I really can't say enough good things about Mike, He has a style all his own.

Troy and I work on material together on our off time and we'll usually just bring a opening part in and the writing process just takes off from there. So basically we only have a starting point and let the rest of the process organically take shape. Troy and I usually come up with a count and Mikey fills it in with exactly with what we want. With Mikey you get no ego and he just does what he feels is best for the parts. Doesn't over play but gives you the max that makes every part standout. Mikey's drumming on the next CD "Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond" is fantastic and can't wait for everyone to hear it. Mikey's drumming is always very focused and he just gets better and better everytime we play.

It takes years for members to really click musically and Troy, Mikey and I have been playing together for over 12 years. The first 5 even 7 years the band might not be exactly one in style. Mikey hits his kit perfectly....Very stong and present which gives a Metal vibe to ZH. Troy, Mikey and I can all be brutally honest with each other and we might get a little short fused at times (Troy and I atleast...Mikey really never gets to that point. Actually Mikey's doing a ton of laughing.)

I'm STOKED you asked a question in regards to Mikey because he's a huge part of Zero Hour. I remember when we were at Progpower and a very cool kat came up to a guy right next to Mikey and said you know when Zero Hour is going to sign and the guy said well this is drummer next to me. ANother time when we played with Death Machine and the guy was complimenting Mike's playing and said have you ever checked out the drummer in Jasun Troy's other band Zero Hour? That guy is really sick too lol. Mike just laughs it off and tells us all about it. Mikey never gets on the computer maybe once a month to check email, the guy cracks me up.

In all and all I'm so lucky to play with Troy and Mikey. They are SO, SO tight and really are the real deal to Zero Hour. Greatest kats and it's the rhythm section that really makes Zero Hour.

You ALL RULE so I'm throwing double horns \m/\m/

Jasun/ZH

hahahah my finger's love to pretend to be able to tap out all the drumming of ToA!!! Mikey rulez!

great post man, I'm psyched for the new record and Mike's drumming style is amazing! He goes beyond rhythm with ZH, and really makes the music stand out. it wouldn't be the same without him!

I couldn't have said it better Kenneth.

I remember when Andrea (Owner and builder of Manne Guitars) was in Ca. and wanted to catch a rehearsal of the group. He kept looking back and forth at Troy and Mikey on parts of our new tunes. He was mind-boggled by their sequences and shook his head totally amazed.

Troy and I are going to hangout with the kats at Manne guitars at the Namm show next weekend. If any of you are going please come by the Manne booth and check out their beautiful guitars. Come say hello to Troy and I and we'll chat it up. A couple other awesome booths to check out is Mesa Boogie and Kerly Music strings. Great companies and awesome people.

You're all METAL in my book.

Jasun/ZH