? about remixes of Blizzard of Oz and Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf

seeker of the esoteric
Feb 6, 2002
Portland OR
www.mccr.us
Wel I was pretty surprised to see that Trujillo redid the bass on these.I mean he's a great bassist but I was never aware.For those of you who have heard it,what are your opinions?

Osbourne did that to avoid having to pay royalty fees to Lee Kerslake (drums, which were also re-recorded) and Bob Daisley for basically writing a substantial amount (Daisley wrote all the lyrics as well) and playing all of those songs on the original albums which they were never credited for.

I haven't heard the remasters myself but I cannot imagine the different players would have a *huge* effect on the actual sound of the album. It's more the principal of the whole thing that makes it pretty despicable.

I haven't heard them either. I'm told if you hear them, your ears fall off. If you BUY them, your head is irretrievably shoved into your rectum.

Wel I was pretty surprised to see that Trujillo redid the bass on these.I mean he's a great bassist but I was never aware.For those of you who have heard it,what are your opinions?

I think its a disgrace. Daisly and Kerslake did those recordings and now Trujillo will get the money. I like Rob a lot but I refuse to own a remasterd copy with him playing on it. Daisly and Kerslake were a big part of Ozzy back then (Daisly wrote something on every album) and its mutilating a classic.

Osbourne did that to avoid having to pay royalty fees to Lee Kerslake (drums, which were also re-recorded) and Bob Daisley for basically writing a substantial amount (Daisley wrote all the lyrics as well) and playing all of those songs on the original albums which they were never credited for.

I haven't heard the remasters myself but I cannot imagine the different players would have a *huge* effect on the actual sound of the album. It's more the principal of the whole thing that makes it pretty despicable.

Am I understanding that Ozzy has re-recorded these classics with new bass and drums, simply to avoid royalties?! WTF? This is an abomination - not to mention a disgraceful act of greed, if this is the rationale...actually, it sucks whatever the reason. This has Sharon written all over it. :yuk:

this utterly made me sick when I purchased these cd's and read the notes to find this out too. It ruins the feel of the albums, Kerslake and Daisly were just deleted like some kind of keyboard tracks.

Am I understanding that Ozzy has re-recorded these classics with new bass and drums, simply to avoid royalties?! WTF? This is an abomination - not to mention a disgraceful act of greed, if this is the rationale...actually, it sucks whatever the reason. This has Sharon written all over it. :yuk:

actually....it is Sharon's doing. And ive heard a few tracks of the re masters and it completely sounds like ass. The playing isnt bad or anything but it the new tracks seem so out of place with the dated production of Ozzy's vocals and Randy's guitar.

Boycott them...download the originals. Fuck Sharon in the (r)ear!!!

actually....it is Sharon's doing. And ive heard a few tracks of the re masters and it completely sounds like ass. The playing isnt bad or anything but it the new tracks seem so out of place with the dated production of Ozzy's vocals and Randy's guitar.

Yep, that's true. I remember hearing the new 'Over the Mountain' and the drums at the start sounded so out of place it was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.