About songwriting...

Ziuwarian

Ancient
Jun 3, 2002
Duraborea
Visit site
Something I've been wondering about after listening to Versus the World was whether the material was written like on earlier albums by Olavi and Johan Hegg (Olavi for music and Hegg for lyrics) alone, or if Ted, Johan S. and Fredrik also had the opportunity to contribute with some ideas? Not that this should be critic, no way, I enjoy Amon Amarth's stuff all the way from the opening to the annihilation, and I think the line-up is just perfect and ought not to be changed at all!

Another things that's great about them is that unlike alot of other bands who became "famous", they still are as "cool" as during their earlier years, it's always great to have a few beers after a gig with Amon Amarth :D

Cheerz!

They are a band and everybody contributes to create the most fucking destructive songs of the universe!!!
P.s. if you read carefully the credits, you can even notice that not only the AA members are involved in the playing/writing of the songs... they are all pretty democratic people...even about drinking! :D

That's why I was wondering, I read in interviews with Olli that he created most (if not all?) of the musical ideas on Avenger, and since on Vs. the world it simply states "All music, lyrics and arrangements by Amon Amarth" I wondered if the others actually took more part in the songwriting.