About the Australia/New Zealand Tour

nat0

Sep 6, 2008
Dear Katatonia,

I know its been said before, but I feel this deserves its own thread. Please do not play in the no sleep til' festival. Headline in your own tour!

The more people who buy tickets the the festive the more likely we are to get a solo show. Although I think if we do get a solo Katatonia will probably not be the headliner. I spent a fuck load of money on Thursday and have tickets to all east coast dates.

They would have signed a contract not to do sideshows I imagine. I got my tickets for Sydney and Melbourne.

I will be happy if this is the setlist for Australia too:
Day & Shade
Liberation
My Twin
Onward
Longest Year
Soils Song
Omerta
Teargas
Saw You Drown
Idle Blood
Ghost Of The Sun
Evidence
July
Criminals
Forsaker
Leaders

Let's face it I'd be happy with them hitting a bin with a stick...

guys, i understand what yer saying and there's nothing more we'd want than to play our headline venue shows, but it wont happen this time. on another related note, if this run turns out to be a successful one for us as its the way we're entering australian market, the chances are even bigger we can come back AGAIN a second time and then do those headliner dates by ourselves. cheerz!

guys, i understand what yer saying and there's nothing more we'd want than to play our headline venue shows, but it wont happen this time. on another related note, if this run turns out to be a successful one for us as its the way we're entering australian market, the chances are even bigger we can come back AGAIN a second time and then do those headliner dates by ourselves. cheerz!

yay a reply! I hope you guys do great down here, I better buy my ticket!

I know a lot of people that would go but are put off by the festival so I hope that us fans that do show up will be able to convince you to come back. Most of us are travelling pretty far to come to the festival in many cities.

I'm just happy you guys are coming here at all! Hope you have some days to check out the country a bit, the jetlag getting here from Europe is usually pretty harsh.

Do you know what sort of playing time you guys will get yet?

They would have signed a contract not to do sideshows I imagine.
A a contract not to do sideshows with another promoter, yes. However if the No Sleep Til festival tickets are selling well and the promoter thinks they could also sell a stack of side show tickets there is nothing stopping them from asking the band to do a side show. This happens all the time with Big Day Out, Soundwave ect. Even Screamfest did it last year. Promoters normally give 3 to 5 ish months for the festival tickets to sell before thinking about side shows though.

But if Blackie says no side shows, I guess there is no side shows. :(

Maybe I should get a Ticket to Adelaide.

well i just bought tickets to the brissy show, i appreciate that the band is coming down under for the first time and i was always going to go no matter what the situation... oh and anders, can you please play dissolving bonds? :)

I was ecstatic to see that my fave band were finally coming 'Downunder', Megadeth playing RIP is also a major drawcard. I am only handing over $140 AUD to see these two bands, every other band on the bill is rubbish. Shame the promoters couldn't draw some more credible bands to the line-up :(

Well, I hope so. $140 is a lot of money, and to be honest I'm only paying it to see you guys, I'm completely disinterested in all the other bands so I'll be going just to see you guys. So, hope it goes well and you guys can come out again in future :)

Any Melbournians doing nothing on Monday night (Cup Holiday Weekend) could do worse than come and see Rainshadow at the Arthouse with The Eternal. We're going to play Teargas in our set. Hey, it's not the real thing but it's as close as you'll get until the festival! :)