Abrahadabra [2010]

I have to say dimmu borgir had really outdone themselves this time. I recently purchased their new album and I was beyond blown away. I also read the review/interview in metal hammer mag. Indeed I can see a spilt maybe bewtween fans who were bigger into the trad. dimmu borgir material might not like the newer album, but true fans will always stick to their bands and support whatever direction they want to go. Best parts about the album is the more symphonic melodies in the songs just makes the album feel 110 percent epic. I rec that everyone check out the new album..for Me it is the best album of 2010\m/

The orchestra sounds are epic but I'm not sure if I dig the clean vocal parts.
The instruments sound better than any of their albums but this could be a bad thing when it comes to a black metal band that has been around for quite some time. I'm not complaining though. I like the tones.
Overall, I like the album but I have a feeling that things could go downhill from here on.

its surprising that you could like Equilibrium,bodom,and skyfire and still find this album of dimmu's worst.

Because Dimmu Borgir FAILS to create an epic atmosphere with this new album, and most of their other albums. While bands like Equilibrium and Skyfire certainly makes killer melodies, fantastic riffs and extremly epic moments all the way in their albums. Same thing with early bodom. After all im a huge fan of melodic metal.

But after all, these bands have NOTHING to do with symphonic black metal and Dimmu Borgir. It does not help adding shitty orchestra and using a billion guest musicians to make an unique personal album.