Absinth, where is it illegal? in which countries?

Tee

Satan's yoyo
Oct 31, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
until recent time I knew that Absinth was illegal in Croatia. then 3 days ago metalized and I discovered it on a shelf in a supermarket. crazy. let the party begin. it'll be the first bottle we'll buy for the bar in our new apartment (we're getting the keys on Sunday! :Spin: ) :kickass: :D

Lioness, maybe you'd have something more detailed to say about this matter.... *putting microphone under your nose* o_O

Sounds tasty. But I fear it SO tasty that I drink the whole bottle. Of course I would, I'm a fucking Viking!

Yes, coma, then "Valhalllllaaaaa, that gods all await me... open wide thy gates, embrace meeeeee!" Sorry, couldn't resist.

I wasn't aware that it was illegal anywhere... illegal? Jeez... it's def. Legal in Turkey and Greece...

btw for all you youngins out there... (wtf am i talking about im 17) ok... for the less traveled...

Absinthe is an alcohol so strong that it will melt itself all the way out of a styrofoam cup. About two shots would be enough to just blaze the fuck out of us smaller people. Tee's right about the coma thing... :lol:

watch the movie the rules of attraction. this guy goes on a trip to paris and drinks absinth "so good his dick goes hard" hahaha. anywho, i think its illegal in the us? never see it here. it IS legal however, in most european countries, and scandiavien ones.and i know its legal in germany, because i was able to sample it ;)

*holds the mic * "is this thing on? is it on?

well tee, Absinthe is illegal for resale in the USA, but not illegal for personal consumption. i can find Absinth here and there if i'll look hard, but i wont find it in the supermarket... the reason for that, is because Absinth is illegal in most european countries, since the early of the century.
lately it has become legal in east Europe (which explains why you found it on the supermarket)
However, it has never been illegal in the UK, so when i travel in europe, i make sure to go to London for few days, and purchase moi a nice bottle or two :D

Dead_Lioness said:
*holds the mic * "is this thing on? is it on?

well tee, Absinthe is illegal for resale in the USA, but not illegal for personal consumption. i can find Absinth here and there if i'll look hard, but i wont find it in the supermarket... the reason for that, is because Absinth is illegal in most european countries, since the early of the century.
lately it has become legal in east Europe (which explains why you found it on the supermarket)
However, it has never been illegal in the UK, so when i travel in europe, i make sure to go to London for few days, and purchase moi a nice bottle or two :D
Yepper. Plus, you can sometimes get in trouble for importing it into the US. I have several friends that do that. I also know a guy that makes his own, but it scares me as it's a dark, murky liquid not a pretty green thing from the bottles. Supposedly the stuff in Canada is not as strong as stuff you can import from Europe, but I have not done the comparison myself.

Quick article on absinthe here and to buy here

Dead_Lioness said:
Oh yeah, Spain is also a big producer of Absinthe.

"After the first glass you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."

-Oscar Wilde

:D

i knew this kid that was making absinthe, it smelled horrible.

he had the goal of writing a book that would cover everything you needed to know about absinthe, because he informed me that quality absinthe literature was pretty much nonexistant... that was a while ago, i didn't care enough to ever find out how that went though...