AC/DC: Club Tour, New Album On The Way

walking dead 666

Evil Walks
Mar 22, 2005
Montreal, Canada
AC/DC: Club Tour, New Album On The Way

AC/DC will reportedly play special "secret" club gig on January 25 at Glashaus in Reinach, Switzerland. Only 400 tickets are apparently available for the concert, which is part of a short mini-tour of small venues the band is planning on undertaking at the end of the month.

According to the Spanish web site RafaBasa.com, AC/DC has been quietly working on its first all-new album since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip" with legendary producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange, and is planning on releasing the effort — which is rumored to be titled "Strap It On" (a name that has apparently been bounced around for at least the last couple of years) — at the end of April. The group's guitarist, Angus Young, is also said to have fully recovered from a recent knee injury which had apparently contributed to the delay in getting the new record completed.

As previously reported, AC/DC's classic "Back in Black" album was certified 22-times-platinum on December 13, 2007 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for sales in excess of 22 million copies in the United States.

"Plug Me In" — the ultimate career-spanning DVD box set of live performances, interviews and more from AC/DC — was certified five-times-platinum by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). Released on October 16, "Plug Me In" debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Music Video chart and #1 on the SoundScan Top DVD Music Videos chart.

"Plug Me In" — the first AC/DC release since the band came to Columbia Records earlier this year — debuted at #1 in 12 countries around the world, including the U.S., the UK, Australia, Canada, France, Spain, Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, and New Zealand.

The compilation contains over five hours of live and television performances, many of them rare and previously unavailable until now. A limited edition of the set includes a third disc featuring 21 additional performances, along with reproductions of authentic AC/DC memorabilia.

(Thanks: sons-of-venom / SiteOfTheHydra.com)

Ok folks, this is BIG!! Mutt is back & New album on the way.:headbang::headbang: Even though Anthrax has a similar song, Strap It On just sounds so AC/DC. At least great minds think alike.

i hope this is true. i know there were other health and personal issues as well in the delay. i'd love to know mutt is at the helm even though the vanda/young has always also been an ac/dc staple, mutt has produced the biggest sellers.

i hope this is true. i know there were other health and personal issues as well in the delay. i'd love to know mutt is at the helm even though the vanda/young has always also been an ac/dc staple, mutt has produced the biggest sellers.

agreed. i hope its true and yes i knew some health problems were holding up the new album and touring

Strap It On sounds like AC/DC? You think? I don't hear it at all myself....

Update on the story that broke a few days ago on Blabbermouth.

AC/DC Is Not In The Studio, Is Not Recording With MUTT LANGE And Does Not Have Album Title - Jan. 11, 2008
Tim Cashmere of Undercover News reports: AC/DC are not in the studio, they are not recording with Mutt Lange and they don't have a title for an album which has been widely reported to be called "Strap It On".

Following stories that the band have returned to the studio for their first album since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip", Albert Records' Danny Keenan has told Undercover they're hopeful, but it's not the case.

"If you ask me if they're in the studio today, I can tell you they're not. If you ask me if they were in the studio last week, I can tell you they're not. If you ask me if they're in the studio next week, I can tell you they're not.

"We're pretty hopeful, but unfortunately there is no word of an album at this stage."

What the hell's the hold up now?

first brian johnson had some health issues for a while and now angus young has some problems. they are old. i did prove its not just acd/dc but at least these bands still tour a lot and put out live albums
rolling stones- 1 new studio album since 1997
cinderella- no studio albums since 1994
poison- 1 new studio album since 1996
allman brothers- 1 new studio album since 1994
guns n roses- no new studio albums since 1991
faster pussycat- 1 new studio album since 1992

always been a wait between acca albums,especially last 3,there notthe most exciting band but when they are on theres not beating thm,there songs are timeless,what a band!

first brian johnson had some health issues for a while and now angus young has some problems. they are old. i did prove its not just acd/dc but at least these bands still tour a lot and put out live albums
rolling stones- 1 new studio album since 1997
cinderella- no studio albums since 1994
poison- 1 new studio album since 1996
allman brothers- 1 new studio album since 1994
guns n roses- no new studio albums since 1991
faster pussycat- 1 new studio album since 1992

Actually, Brian Johnson is fine. He's been quite busy over the years. He's produced music & plays, he's been in various movies & tv shows. He's also been touring on & off with friends, Cliff Williams & his old band Geordie, doing all sorts of benefit concerts & even playing live with acts such as Scorpions, Twisted Sister, Stones, Aerosmith & countless other smaller bar bands.
He's actually been super busy & unlike the Young Bros. He likes to keep a higher profile. And he has not had health issues. The only member of AC/DC who has had health issues was Angus. He had a broken leg which i've heard has been long healed.

dear angus and malcom please practice these 3 chords A - G - D . now use some variations in which order to play them. add a couple kick ass blues scales riffs. now write some lyrics with a lot of double entendres. record that shit and play some concerts.

dear angus and malcom please practice these 3 chords A - G - D . now use some variations in which order to play them. add a couple kick ass blues scales riffs. now write some lyrics with a lot of double entendres. record that shit and play some concerts.

and there the only band that can pull it off:headbang: without sounding like shit

the rumors are still going strong. supposedly they finished the new album a few months ago which is why people are saying they haven't been in the studio recently. i've heard from one source its two 50-60 minute discs and another source says its one 70+ minute disc. a long time member of ac/dc's road crew has reported they are in standby for a mid 2008 tour. on ac/dc 's wikipedia page a new album name (not "strap it on") and a single were removed after being on there for only a few hours.

anyways all these are just rumors. i'll believe it when i see a new album

AC/DC have always been pretty vague on releasing info about the recording process. I've read that Brian Johnson said they had enough material for a double album & that Angus & Malcolm wrote 20-30 tunes.
More importantly, I've also heard that they have about 20 unreleased songs that COULD make a full length album. Songs from the Let there Be Rock, Powerage, Highway, Flick, Blow Up, Razors, Ballbreaker & Stiff albums.