Accept at Arcada in St. Charles, IL

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
So I've been waiting and waiting for these tickets to go on sale for this show. I still find it weird that they're playing at the Arcada as I don't know many shows of this magnitude ever going there. Anyways, I noticed today that it now says King's X but nothing about Accept. It has been on Accept's website for a while though and I know they're the headliners not King's X, so I'm guessing they screwed up on the info. I emailed them but we'll see. I did get my ticket anyways though. Any other Chicago people going to this?

Man, for 15 years I wanted to see shows at the Arcada. I finally get out of Illinois and now a metal show gets announced just down the street from were I grew up! who knew! :bah:

BTW, My pops put the roof on the Arcada when they refurbished it back in the day.;)

Man, for 15 years I wanted to see shows at the Arcada. I fianly get out of Illinois and metal shows get announced just down the street from were I grew up! who knew! :bah:

BTW, My pops put the roof on the Arcada when they refurbished it back in the day.;)

It looks like a cool place, so beyond just me being stoked for the acts I think it'll be a good venue atmosphere...that is if enough people actually find out about this show since you can only get tickets on the venue website/Accept not even being labeled as on the bill.

So I've been waiting and waiting for these tickets to go on sale for this show. I still find it weird that they're playing at the Arcada as I don't know many shows of this magnitude ever going there. Anyways, I noticed today that it now says King's X but nothing about Accept. It has been on Accept's website for a while though and I know they're the headliners not King's X, so I'm guessing they screwed up on the info. I emailed them but we'll see. I did get my ticket anyways though. Any other Chicago people going to this?

Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up. I have been watching for this one to go on sale. I find it odd that they are playing a theater but I still think this will be a great show. The songs that I have heard from the new Accept CD are excellent!

By the way, the scrolling list of dates on the front page shows King's X and Accept.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up. I have been watching for this one to go on sale. I find it odd that they are playing a theater but I still think this will be a great show. The songs that I have heard from the new Accept CD are excellent!

By the way, the scrolling list of dates on the front page shows King's X and Accept.

Yeah, me too. I've been obsessively looking for it every day. :lol: Interesting that they have it on the scroll yet on the calender neither King's X or Accept is listed and on the tickets, only King's X is listed.

From what I understand is that there is no "support" band. Accept and Kings X are co-headliners. Look for nice size sets from both.

Bryant

interesting. King's X is an awesome live band too. The only thing that scares me about that is a smaller Accept set though, especially with the 8:30 start time. Though in St. Charles there might not be as strict of curfew as in Chicago.

I believe the whole state of IL is 2am (for live music). I could be wrong. It is in the two largest towns, Chicago and Aurora, anyway.

I saw Mindwarp at a bar once and they so strictly enforced the 2am law that they had to cut the last song off their set, at like 1:40 or something, way before 2 anyway.

Pissed me off royally because they were allowing the lead singer of another band to smoke on stage, and even the co-owner of the place was smoking at the sound board. Break one law (for those that don't know, smoking indoors is illegal in IL) but go way out of the way to enforce another. Such a double standard.

I believe the whole state of IL is 2am (for live music). I could be wrong. It is in the two largest towns, Chicago and Aurora, anyway.

I saw Mindwarp at a bar once and they so strictly enforced the 2am law that they had to cut the last song off their set, at like 1:40 or something, way before 2 anyway.

Pissed me off royally because they were allowing the lead singer of another band to smoke on stage, and even the co-owner of the place was smoking at the sound board. Break one law (for those that don't know, smoking indoors is illegal in IL) but go way out of the way to enforce another. Such a double standard.

I think that's for the 21+ shows though. I could be wrong. I just know for the majority of shows I've gone to and I've gone TO A LOT usually shows don't get out past 11. The only two times it did was when Malmsteen and when Queensryche came to the HOB, and ironically both were on Sundays.

The one thing I am not too excited about is that the place is assigned seating, unless they are making it general admission for this show.

KING'S X seriously may have been the worst live band I have ever seen.
They make DREAM THEATER look like KISS on stage.

I think that's for the 21+ shows though. I could be wrong. I just know for the majority of shows I've gone to and I've gone TO A LOT usually shows don't get out past 11. The only two times it did was when Malmsteen and when Queensryche came to the HOB, and ironically both were on Sundays.
Ahh yes, I forgot the youngsters have an actual curfew and under 21/under 18 shows might need to respect that. Here's St. Charles' curfews for under 17.

Fridays 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Saturdays 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Sunday-Thursday 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following day

The one thing I am not too excited about is that the place is assigned seating, unless they are making it general admission for this show.

KING'S X seriously may have been the worst live band I have ever seen.
They make DREAM THEATER look like KISS on stage.

It is assigned seating. I got my ticket. I'm not complaining though as that way I don't have to get there as early, but I admit for this type of a show it is a bit odd.

To each his own I guess. When they played last year with Porcupine Tree I found them to be incredible live. You already know I disagree with you in terms of Dream Theater. Regardless though, they still are a very curious choice for Accept to tour with.

Fair enough.
I give almost every band a fair shot live, as I feel there are many bands who are better live than on disc, or at least more enjoyable live.

This is definitely the case for me for most black and death metal bands.

KING'S X though........dear lord.....just painful!
Granted, they were following HammerFall, and playing before Dio, so the cards were definitely NOT stacked in their favor that tour.

Yeah, as much as I like ACCEPT, this will be a last minute decision for me.

Whew....glad you said it and not me. I don't know how many times I've had to sit through their sets...:zombie:

Why? No reason to not be honest about how you feel about a band.

I always say, if I listen to a band on disc, and actually watch them live, I feel I have the right to comment on such band.

It's people who simply slam bands repeatedly who never even heard or see them live that annoy the crap out of me.

Granted, they were following HammerFall, and playing before Dio, so the cards were definitely NOT stacked in their favor that tour.

I think this is their problem more than anything. I've heard through the years some of the bands they have toured with and they just don't fit in. Just like they don't fit in again this time with Accept. Like I said I love King's X, but I'm very curious the reaction they're going to get at this show.

Would go to this if I wasn't already seeing Accept at PP. I am going to have to keep an eye on this venue going forward!

I was in your same boat...up until finding out a couple weeks ago it wasn't going to work. I too am going to keep this venue on the radar. Looks like a good place. I'll know for sure come October 9 if that is accurate though.

Also appearing at the Arcada that might interest some Chicago peeps:
Bret Michaels - Sep 15th
Kansas - Oct 8th
Carl Palmer and the Music of Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Oct 29
Quiet Riot - Nov 5th