Accept

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
Now I am not one to always have his finger on the pulse, but it seems that Accept have reformed with Udo on vocals, is that right? I read on here that someone was going to see Accept (can't remember who) and that is what made me look on the official Accept website. It gave a list of dates but didn't mention anywhere on the website about them reforming, and if you read the history page, they are still split up!

Anyway, the point of this is does anyone know if Accept are playing in England? The Accept website just gives festival dates, but it doesn't seem to be the most up to date website in the world!

Yes they've reformed but only temporarily.

I read an interview with UDO in Classic Rock who stated that they would not be playing in England or anywhere else in the UK as there are no "proper" metal festivals in the UK (apologies Vince and Bloodstock Udo's words not mine!) and it would therefore not be financially viable to play the UK.

The review of their set @ Wacken got KKKKK (which from Kerrap ! is impressive)

Personally the decision to not play the UK is poor and a real tragedy, its a different type of rock but Twisted Sister played the Astoria and it was totally rammed, and they only played there because their promoter said there would be no interest! Perhaps that's what someone has told UDO and the Accept boys or its a cash thing £$£$£$

Yes,yes that was me that said i was going to see Accept. And i DID! AWESOME MAN JUST AWESOME! No they will not be a reunion and they will part company after the gigs (i think they have played all the gigs by now). Anyways, saw them in Rockwave Athens and there is a little review on the Keltik Flex site (http://www.keltikflex.tk) under music but the site will be up tommorow so be patient :Spin:
Hellrabit saw them on Wacken (along with other things :OMG: ) but he does not currently have a computer so he cannot post a review on the Flex site.
And i'm back from vacations :yuk: :ill: o_O :confused:

All i heard a while back was that it was some kind of temporary reunion thing, it is a shame!

sapator said:
Ok, the setlist : http://s11.invisionfree.com/KeltikFlex_Board/index.php?showtopic=38
It's the last setlist (last post)
Except I'm a rebel/ or burning, Tv war and Neon Nights that they did not play in Athens.

What a fantastic setlist! But I notice the songs you wrote down Sapator wasn't as many as the songs on the photo of the setlist. Did you just miss some songs out or did Accept not play all the songs on their setlist? If I was at an Accept gig and they played all the songs on their setlist (all the songs on the photo), then I'm sure that would be one of the best gigs I would EVER attend.

????
Ah, i see what you mean.
No, ingore the first post on the topic. The correct setlist is on the last picture minus the songs i mentioned (I'm a rebel/ or burning, Tv war and Neon Nights).
Great show. I've also had the setlist for Twisted Sister that they played the next day (as i wasn't already dead from Accept) and i would have posted it but such a fool i am, i lost it :erk:

Ha,ha. No problem mate :p
I usually don't understand my posts too after i write them. I guess metal is messing up my head.....again :D

I have been listening to 'Balls To The Wall' over the last few days, I haven't listened to this album for ages. If anyone out there doesn't know Accept, or doesn't have this album, then do yourself a favour, BUY IT! It is probably one of the best heavy metal albums ever. It is a classic.

Yeah in the Classic Rock (july or something) Udo said this was a temporary reunion, they would only play festivals and that after the "tour" everyone would go back to their solo projects (Udo to U.D.O etc).

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
Just dug out my 'Balls To The Wall' OOEERRRR missus!!! This thread made me listen again, Feckin great!

Show me the sign of victory! :headbang:

I have album with fast as shark on somewhere on tape which on is it and if its balls to the wall(which rings a bell) what should i look for.

I seem to remember them being fucking exalent and for some reason never buying any albums.

WILKS said:
I have album with fast as shark on somewhere on tape which on is it and if its balls to the wall(which rings a bell) what should i look for.

I seem to remember them being fucking exalent and for some reason never buying any albums.

'Fast as a shark' is on the album "Restless and Wild" 1982. Balls to the Wall is the album that came after restless.. both great
:headbang:

The thing is pax i had it on tape so i dont know if i have evan stll got.I shall have to go for rummage.The amount of tapes i have had over the years and then ended up left in a box every time i moved house.I have been in this one over 2 years and still not sorted my tapes out.Mind some of them are 20 odd years old.

WILKS said:
The thing is pax i had it on tape so i dont know if i have evan stll got.I shall have to go for rummage.The amount of tapes i have had over the years and then ended up left in a box every time i moved house.I have been in this one over 2 years and still not sorted my tapes out.Mind some of them are 20 odd years old.

Well go find the tape mate, you won't be disappointed!

By the way, are you still going to the Saxon gig in Nottingham?