ack! caught by surprise!

SculptedCold

-scented manbeef-
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
I was browsing around Metal Judgement.com and I read the review of Last Fair Deal.. and thought i'd give it a shot for something new. Luckily, kazaa has loads of Katatonia and I quickly downloaded Teargas. After a couple random songs from Vile, Abruptum and Vader, I put it on and went back to my web surfing. 2 minutes later, and almost without noticing, i'd started tearing-up. Moreover, once I noticed this and starting paying proper attention to the song, I started properly fucking crying! No song has ever done that before on first listen! And I was only listening to it in the background too. Very disconcerting. I'm downloading more though as I type. Is that normal? Is all Katatonia so....subversive?

Is all Katatonia so....subversive?

Well, if you already consider "Teargas" to be a tear-jerking song, check out the tracks on the album "Discouraged Ones". That one is even more...er...subversive.:D

Is that normal?

What's normal anyway?! I almost started crying when after months of waiting and two unsuccesful attempts to buy LFDGD in some fucking mega store I was finally able to put the CD into my player. That was a moment of true happiness. And now with the new album it's starting all over again.

:headbang:

I've never actually experienced the depression/sadness everyone seems to get from listening to Katatonia, I just think their music is very melancholic... I've never really felt that way at all when listening to them, unless I was already depressed...

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief
Well, if you already consider "Teargas" to be a tear-jerking song, check out the tracks on the album "Discouraged Ones". That one is even more...er...subversive.:D

Hehe, nothing to add ;)

What's normal anyway?! I almost started crying when after months of waiting and two unsuccesful attempts to buy LFDGD in some fucking mega store I was finally able to put the CD into my player. That was a moment of true happiness. And now with the new album it's starting all over again.
:headbang:

Yeah, i remember me running into the store on the day it was supposed to be released (26 March 01 if i'm not wrong ;) )
and not finding it :cry:
I was so annoyed, i could have beaten up everyone :lol:

Hey, boys and girls, there's no reason to cry when you listen to these sweet Katatonia Songs, imagine they play them live and all of you are crying? To be honest, I would find that funny...

(Don't) Cryheim

My favorite as of late has been Cold Ways. . . Download that one. It's got some killer lyrics, i also recommend Tonight's Music. A very thought provoking song for me.