Acoustic version of Greenhouse Effect

flebbie

a light has died
Sep 18, 2002
Groningen, the Netherlands
Visit site
I recently found a 1995 video with 4 acoustic songs including Greenhouse Effect:loco:

The other 3 songs are the same songs as the acoustic ones from "Live at the fillmore". I wonder is there more rare acoustic stuff around, I really like it.

I saw an acoustic video from 1993 I think (they were promoting "The Ritual" outside some music store). The other one is the more well-known, from 1995. Only Return to Serenety is on youtube ()
The first one's from Palm Springs, if I recall correctly. They played GE too and Disciples of the Watch also, I think and perhaps something more- but I might not remember.
The other one's from Chicago, I remember. That was some kind of an Indian benefit concert or something.
I don't know if there are more. I remember hearing a bootleg from the first Murphy era, where Chuck was saying something about an "acoustic show at somebody's house this afternoon" that turned into some kind of a fight. It might be the Chicago one, not another concert, though

It would be cool if they played such concert (only much longer) again some time in the future, which could result in a DVD. I think it's possible, since they like to experiment and haven't done one with Alex (who loves to play acoustic guitar). During the "Ten Days of May" tour in '05 they guy who was filming the fragments that are on the "Live in London" dvd (the extras from the whole tour- interviews mostly)- John, I believe- tried to talk the guys into playing a couple of acoustic tracks for the dvd, but since they had never done it in this line up and hadn't played together for such a long time, that didn't happen

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thanx for the info! I found the video for the Indian Benefit on Emule, filename is "Testament - Acoustic Set 1995 (Bootleg).mpg". I could upload it here, but dont know if thats allowed. And now Im going after the 93 video:)

Would be awesome if they do more stuff like this. :kickass:

I don't really like the acoustic versions of the songs. I like the original mix the way it is...the subtle acoustic guitars and the electric guitar comes slashing through, though gentle...

wow thanx for the info! I found the video for the Indian Benefit on Emule, filename is "Testament - Acoustic Set 1995 (Bootleg).mpg". I could upload it here, but dont know if thats allowed. And now Im going after the 93 video:)

Would be awesome if they do more stuff like this. :kickass:

Would be great if you could upload it! Don't know if they're cool with it...

Oh man, that vid of "Return To Serenity" just send shivers down my spine. Goddamn, I love it! Pure magic.

Yeah, we're just talking about some low quality bootlegs here that have never been (officially) available for purchase. I think we have some devoted fans talking here that don't intend to rip off the band at all. It's just rare, historic footage that only the real fans appreciate in the end. I'm just asking because bootlegging is kind of in a gray area judicially but many bands are fine with it as long as it isn't official material...

Yeah, we're just talking about some low quality bootlegs here that have never been (officially) available for purchase. I think we have some devoted fans talking here that don't intend to rip off the band at all. It's just rare, historic footage that only the real fans appreciate in the end. I'm just asking because bootlegging is kind of in a gray area judicially but many bands are fine with it as long as it isn't official material...

no prob at all with the videos... ;)