ACT OF DEFIANCE : Birth And The Burial, ft SHAWN DROVER & CHRIS BRODERICK

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
ACT OF DEFIANCE FEATURING FORMER MEGADETH MEMBERS STREAMING NEW TRACK “REFRAIN AND RE-FRACTURE”

"...Birth And The Burial, is set for an August 21st release via Metal Blade Records and pre-order bundle packages are now available at this location."

See Loadwire link for new song "Refrain And Re-Fracture”.

ActOfDefiance-BirthAndTheBurial.jpg

"Throwback"

https://www.facebook.com/actofdefiancemusic

Last edited by a moderator:
Thrash!!! You know, I kind of like this. The music is great and I don't mind the vocals. I listened to lot of thrash in the 80's so maybe I just developed a tolerance for rough vocals, but I liked it. I liked the thrash rhythm guitar and liked being able to hear Chris' leads over it. I'm looking for to this.

Guy

I was looking forward to this as I know a lot of u were, and while I'm sure the music is awesome I just can't get passed the shitty vocals. Please go back to Jag Panzer Chris, you had an awesome singer to work with. Even though I know it probably won't ever happen.

Thrash!!! You know, I kind of like this. The music is great and I don't mind the vocals. I listened to lot of thrash in the 80's so maybe I just developed a tolerance for rough vocals, but I liked it. I liked the thrash rhythm guitar and liked being able to hear Chris' leads over it. I'm looking for to this.

Guy

+1. It's a thrash song - not power metal. I think the vocals are fine.

Loving the hell out of this!!! You guys need to realize this is THRASH metal, not Power metal. Thrash usually works best with a singer with harsh vocals.

It just got added to my must buy list. Good and thrashy! The vocals fit nicely even if its not my thing

Loving the hell out of this!!! You guys need to realize this is THRASH metal, not Power metal. Thrash usually works best with a singer with harsh vocals.

I love trash. Everything from Testament, Death Angel, old Sepultura, the big four, to Destruction, Overkill, Flotsam and Jetsam, to lesser knows like Intruder and a ton more.

And I still can't handle this guy's vocals. I'm not expecting power metal vocals, it's simply the tone and sound of his I find unpleasant.

if this was released in 1989-91 I would have been all over it as this was when I was in my Thrash phase, its still good but my tastes have changed and this doesn't hold my attention

Guy

I also listened to loads of thrash in the 80s but have a hard time nowadays to tolerate vocals like this one...

ACT OF DEFIANCE FEATURING FORMER MEGADETH MEMBERS STREAMING DEBUT ALBUM IN FULL; NORTH AMERICAN CO-HEADLINE TOUR WITH ALLEGAEON ANNOUNCED

Shawn Drover (drums) states: “We are all so proud for everybody to finally be able to hear Birth And The Burial streaming in its entirety (go to link above for embedded Soundcloud link). We worked extremely hard to make the best HEAVY METAL record we could, and we are all beyond excited for to sink your teeth into this record. We said from the get-go this record is 100% uncompromising heavy metal, and now you can hear it for yourselves!"

"With the release of Birth And The Burial, we as Act Of Defiance can now at last announce our first co-headlining tour with our new Metal Blade label mates Allegaeon! This tour will be 100% complete HEAVY METAL and we cannot wait to see you all there!!”

Chris Broderick (guitars) further adds: "We spent a lot of time and effort on Birth And The Burial to get it to sound as good as it possibly could, and we are not only excited for it's release this Friday, August 21st and the fact that everyone can stream it, but also to announce that we will be heading out on tour to support it in October! It's one thing to get a CD to sound great, but now we have to live up to that sound live as well, and I know from talking to Shawn, Henry, and Matt that we are going to bring it!! The tour will be with our Metal Blade record label mates Allegaeon. I urge you to pick up the CD and then come see us live to compare and contrast Hahahah."

actofdefiancetour.jpg