Actual question: Why are we getting a lot of motw-related attn all of a sudden?

if you keep that as part of the avatar then the opeth fans who see it will quickly turn against me and form an angry mob!

angrymob.jpg

I heard MotW for the first time because I saw an album review for Bath and LYBM in Outburn or some magazine like that. I D/L the tracks from MP3.com and then got the albums. It just so happens that it happened in the last couple months... not sure why...

I have actually been INTENSELY promoting you guys, all over the internet to EVRYONE I know. In other forums, IRC rooms, everywhere. I also rave about you guys at every single show I goto. LOL, ask Paul from Novembers Doom, hehe. I made this 4 sog sampler that I give to everyone I know at school that has a good taste in music. Everyone in the schools jazz band that I play guitar in, even the professors. I tell them all to do the same, I mean, Im sure I dont account for whole resurgence of fans, but damn I promte you guys hardcore, EVERYWHERE I go. :D

Originally posted by FuSoYa
russell, but what confuses me is that there was a surge in the past couple months seemingly due to... nothing! No articles as far as I know, no releases, no videos, etc etc

Well, one fanboy tells a friend, who becomes a fnboy, who tells two friends, and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends, you know how these things start ;)

Nah seriously, word of mouth = more people getting to hear your music = more poeple emailing you asking questions. And the more popular you get, the more people there are to spread your music, so you get more fans quicker and more requests. Hence when the album was released it started an exponential rise in your popularity.

Infact, if we differentiate a curve of your popularity against time, I believe we should get around two :err:

Me and Static and a few others made a lot of noise about you guys on the Opeth forum a few months ago, and of course that bought all the fans out and quite a lot of people would've checked you out because of that. And quite a few seemed to really love your music, since an Opeth crowd is a somewhat similar crowd to who would get into your stuff.

I imagine the surge was just a coincidence of a few things like this happening all at once.

Originally posted by Demonspell
I'm an Opeth forum regular and I'm not offended or amused by it.

i would like go on record with the following

A. I think my new avatar is hilarious
B. I also am not in control of what my avatar says
C. I do enjoy Opeth's music
D. In reference to the "I'm Not Gay" word balloon in my avatar, at no point would I want either of my testicles to be resting in the mouth of any member of Opeth as much as it would most likely enhance my love life.

Lightning Bolt!

Thanks xfuhrer! You made me spit coffee at my monitor!

I think the MotW attention could be related to WORD OF MOUTH. I have been putting the word out on the street that you dudes rule and the karma has just been circulating.

My coworker yesterday asked me if I have any "Vomiting In The Well".