Adema claims they have signed to earache

kollex

Autistic Superstar
Oct 16, 2002
somewhere
www.maxpages.com
from http://www.ademaweb.com/

Thursday, July 15th, 2004
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, I know I am late with this news, but I'm lazy when I'm not rushing around working.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The news about Adema's new label is here! They have signed with Earache, which is primarily a death/black/goth metal, industrial, and grindcore label. I really can't explain why they chose that label since the band hasn't said anything yet, but it's got to be for the best. Earache is the home of bands such as The Berzerker, Deicide, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Morbid Angel, Mortiis, and Society 1. Some bands that used to be signed to the label are At the Gates, Carcass, Entombed, Napalm Death, and Pitchshifter.[/font]​

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To find out more about Earache, check out their web site here.

~Kelly
[/font]

I haven't seen this confirmed on the earache site. is there any truth in this?

A scan of an Opeth patch... now THATS metal!!!!! Cheers, brother!
As an Earache artist, I hope that Adema draws attention to the label, and that it helps to benefit the other bands in the way of recording/touring/advertising money.
Being pissed at a label for signing a band that you dont like is asinine. Ive never heard this band's music, so I cant comment.. but there is literally MILLIONS of bands in this world that I havent heard, and neither have you.
I can only speak to my interest, and I hope for the label's sake that this is a good decision. And to EARACHE's credit, they have been dong this for a while now... and for a major indipendent label, thay have an excellent track record.
I cannot wait to start recording for them starting a week from today!!!!!
uh... Im done ranting, haha!

I Love ADEMA, it's my favorite band .
I have 2 sites supporting them.
I'm glad they signed with a new label after Arista.

Usurper Dan said:
A scan of an Opeth patch... now THATS metal!!!!! Cheers, brother!
As an Earache artist, I hope that Adema draws attention to the label, and that it helps to benefit the other bands in the way of recording/touring/advertising money.
Being pissed at a label for signing a band that you dont like is asinine. Ive never heard this band's music, so I cant comment.. but there is literally MILLIONS of bands in this world that I havent heard, and neither have you.
I can only speak to my interest, and I hope for the label's sake that this is a good decision. And to EARACHE's credit, they have been dong this for a while now... and for a major indipendent label, thay have an excellent track record.
I cannot wait to start recording for them starting a week from today!!!!!
uh... Im done ranting, haha!

Hey Dan,

You getting ready to kick some ass??

I thought so.

Neil K.

NK said:
Hey Dan,

You getting ready to kick some ass??

I thought so.

Neil K.

Hell yes, Neil!
Tuesday we track guitars, then the adequate bass stylings of Jonny Razzle. Vocals and solos on Thurs-Fri... followed by HEAVY DRINKING!
Cannot fucking wait.

I can't believe the hysterical over-reaction by many to this news. I don't like Adema, but I'll tell you who I DO like:

Akercocke
Farmakon
The Chasm
Usurper
Deicide
Decapitated
Insision
Lunaris
Ewigkeit
And about a couple dozen more Earache bands.

How the fuck does signing one band ruin a label??? :confused:

Dr. Abner Mality said:
I can't believe the hysterical over-reaction by many to this news. I don't like Adema, but I'll tell you who I DO like:

Akercocke
Farmakon
The Chasm
Usurper
Deicide
Decapitated
Insision
Lunaris
Ewigkeit
And about a couple dozen more Earache bands.

How the fuck does signing one band ruin a label??? :confused:

Are you familiar with slipknot and coal chamber. Roadrunner signed these bands some years ago. Now that labels underground bands are leaving and nu-metal bands are taking over.

Metal Blade seems to be suffering the same fate with the Goo goo Dolls, Unearth, etc.

I have nothing against Adema but I thought Earache was a metal label?

Eh and what's wrong with Metal Blade signing a good metalcore band? =/

Well, if the Adema album sells like Slipknot's debut, then we will see the nu-metal revival in full force and Earache will become a sell-out label. :yuk: But what exactly is the chance of that happening?

That's right, ZERO

ReubenHateDivide said:
Adema are utter shite, why the fuck are they signed to Earache??????
It's a controversial notion, but did it ever cross your mind that there are people at the label who actually might like them?

And as for Earache's signing policy, history proves that since the very beginning it's signed other styles besides metal. The very first full-length release was by a hardcore punk band called The Accused. Metal is what Earache is most famous for, but there's always been other stuff too.