Adrenaline Mob: Men of Honor

May 7, 2002
Adrenaline Mob's follow-up is a strong release. Orlando and Allen can do no wrong. The addition of Pero will likely give this lineup some stability. Men of Honor is an excellent slab of metal. I've listened to it numerous times already.

It is likely a top 5 release for '14.

A few quick notes......

Mob is Back:
The intro kicks off with a seque - introducing AJ (ala Nikko), along with some decent shred, Orlando's just getting warmed up. It could easily be its own track, like Judas Priest's Hellion, but they didn't opt to go that route. At 0:57 the song kicks in. Lot of crunch and groove. Angry Russell is back. If you liked his vocals on Iconoclast, you won't be disappointed. Let's get one thing straight, this isn't Divine Wings of Tragedy. Those days are long gone. What he delivers on Men of Honor is an energetic and powerful performance.
Orlando's solo is very tasty.

Come on Get Up: A strong one two combo opens up Men of Honor. John Moyer, of Disturbed, offers pummeling grooves and an unrelenting intensity that clearly adds to the song's impact, while differentiating them from the pack.

Dearly Departed: Powerful performance by Allen, with soaring harmonies.

Behind these Eyes: Allen's gritty voice soars. This power ballad is reminiscent of SX.

Feel the Adrenaline: by the time we get to this track, the cd's heaviness and groove have sunk in. With Feel the Adrenaline, the Mob kick things up a notch.

Ugh - I came away from this album with the exact opposite opinion. Behind These Eyes and Dearly Departed are good songs, but the rest of it is just bleah brometal..

Oddly, Adrenaline Mob is doing a free show in Dallas next month.. no understanding why they're doing that, since they had a decent draw last time of 200 or so. I still doubt I'll drive downtown to see them because I'm so underwhelmed by this release and have no real desire to hear it live.

I think I like Men Of Honor more than I did Omerta. Good crunch and better melodies/harmonies than the first. All around fun "punch you in the face" music....Russell Allen is definitely at the top of the heap when it comes to rock vocalists. The man is a BEAST.

Like for the previous album, I like the melodic songs on it (Dearly Departed, Behind These Eyes) and a couple others. But most of the times, I think Russell is too much in his angry tone mode, which bugs me.

it is just bleah brometal.

Exactly how I feel about Adrenaline Mob in general. It's not the kind of metal or rock I want to listen to when I want to listen to something "fun" or "energetic".
I liked their cover of Sabbath's "The Mob Rules", but that's about it.