Adrian Bromley : 1971-2008

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
Adrian Bromley : 1971-2008

"The Toronto metal community is in mourning today after one of its most active and vocal supporters passed away Sunday morning. Adrian Bromley was a long-time music journalist whose writing appeared regularly in Chart, M.E.A.T. and Unrestrained! magazines, and online at Chronicles of Chaos and Canoe.ca, and more recently he worked as a publicist for heavy-music hotbed The End Records, among many other metal-advocacy initiatives. According to a Facebook post from his brother, Bromley died from a lingering bout of pneumonia. He had just turned 37 last week. Our condolences go out to his friends, family and fellow headbangers all over the city."

For those of you who don't know who Adrian was, he worked with us very closely helping to promote The Pale Haunt Departure and The Novella Reservoir. During his employment for The End, Adrian is responsible for some of our highest exposure in magazines like Metal Maniacs.

37 is way to young to go, and reading this news really saddens me today.

I spoke with Adrian regularly on the different metal forums we both participated in since he departed The End Records. We were always talking about Cheap Trick and KISS and other mutual interests! I had no idea he was sick, and this is a real shame to hear. RIP man, you were way too young to go. :(

Wow! This is a shocker. I have been a regular reader of Unrestrained! for years now, and I met Adrian at the gig last April in NYC... nice guy too. RIP

Sorry I haven't posted alot or been around much... been busy with school and I have finals next week.

Adrian was a truly unique person.. just see how many people he knew whether it was people in the biz or just regular metalheads.. No matter what, whoever met him, either in person or online, at least once, always remember who he was - and it was always positive memories of the guy. He was a sort of a legend while still with us... he will be missed now that he's gone.

he was one of the first people to open some doors for us (G), hell, thanks to him we opened for Novembers Doom, for example! I was really looking forward to working with him more on the next album(s). I always knew I could rely on picking his brain at any time for ideas. R.I.P. Buddy.. sorry it was this early, really wish it was a different story we were set to live out.

It really puts things into perspective. He turned 37 on November 30th. I turned 37, 4 days later on December 4th. I'm just stunned by this. Life is so fucking short, you never know when something like pneumonia can hit even a healthy person. It's very sad, and his dedication to the scene will certainly be missed.