R.I.P. Adrian Bromley

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
I didn't know him, but apparently he was somewhat known in the Metal Scene. He sounds like a guy I might meet at a show or Cheapo or any number of forums I'm on including this one. WAY TOO YOUNG too. Maybe some folks around here knew him?

This is from Sculptured's myspace blog today:

http://blogs.myspace.com/matrixmetal

RIP Adrian Bromley

I just found out that Adrian Bromley has passed away. I've known Adrian for almost 10 years now. He was a huge supporter and fan of Sculptured and Agalloch. He featured me in Unrestrained during the early days of Sculptured. He was by far the most passionate Metal fan I had ever known. The guy had an encyclopedic knowledge of metal and music in general.
The last time I spoke to him he was preparing his new label and had just signed Musk Ox, a folk project I was a fan of. I supplied him with some promotional quotes about the release and had looked forward to seeing what Adrian would do with his label. The guy certainly had more than enough energy to run a label and magazine.
I'll remember meeting Adrian in Seattle recently and going to see Virgin Black. The guy's love of metal was infectious and I enjoyed talking with him during that visit.

The metal scene has lost a major promoter, fan, journalist and all around incredible guy. I'll miss him and the future his passion pointed to.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Don Anderson: Sculptured/Agalloch

102424.gif

Adrian Bromley was the quarterback over at the Braveboard. It is due to this festival that I was honored to meet Adrian in 2007. Caring, genuine, quick, witty, and downright hilarious are all great descriptors of Adrian. We are all stunned over at the other board and I will be having the deer in headlights look for some time to come. We are all exchanging stories about Adrian and it's like losing a brother.

Adrian had time (and made time) for everyone and anyone. His personality was infectious, as was his deep passion for underground music.

I am a better person for having known him.

RiP Adrian and Godspeed.

Oh, wow, that is totally shocking. He was only 37 and such a vibrant personality. My condolences to his family and huge circle of friends. He will be missed.

I am finding hard the words right now to say about the loss of a great friend Adrian. Maybe with a little time I can gather my thoughts better, but suffice to say the metal world lost a giant yesterday and I lost a close friend. My heart is broken and I am devastated at this news of Adrian's passing. 37 is too young to die. He had so much to look forward too, with his upcoming marriage to the love of his life Renee. Adrian, I love you big guy and will miss you tremendously. Thank you for always being there for me when I needed a friend. There will never be another like you. We often joke about people being original and breaking the mold after they made them, but it was true about you. There has never been another like you and never will again.

Most of you here on this board won't know Adrian Bromley, but he was a giant in the Metal world. He attended Progpower twice working with The End Records. He ran Unrestrained! Magazine, also contributed to BW&BK magazine, Metal Maniacs and countless others. His high energy level and enthusiasm gave him the nickname "The Energizer" and he lived up to it. Those who knew him know what I am talking about. His knowledge of metal was one of the highest you would have ever known.

I lost a very good friend on Sunday. My life was so enriched from knowing and being around him. I love you Adrian and will miss you my friend.

What I've posted on a few other boards:

The Bromley Chainsaw. That guy who can carry on three conversations at once while sleeping. Lord Vinyl Pillager. The Energizer. Mister Pink Bunny. Adrian.

I got the terrible news two nights ago as I was spinning some Solitude Aeternus, drinking the nectar of the gods (ok, it was Miller Lite), and surfing the few metal sites I frequent, and casually thinking I’d bump into him as always.

Shellshock.

I think back to all the fond memories of MPB, from first meeting him in person at ProgPower V in Atlanta in 2004, to hanging out and sharing hotel rooms and other friend’s places at future ProgPowers, the Testament Reunited gigs in DC, and on his home turf of Toronto for the spectacular coming-together of people and bands that was Day of the Equinox. He introduced me to real Canadian bacon, Orphaned Land (literally and musically), and was an ambassador of metal.

He was everywhere, had his hands in everything, knew everyone, and could finagle all kinds of shit. I remember hitting up Deathgasm Records with him a few years back in suburban Atlanta and he walked out with a FIST, not just a couple, but a heavy-duty FIST of Deathgasm releases and distro stuff—all after handing the fellas there a couple copies of U! and talking to them for about 5 minutes. That’s how he always seemed to move through life. “Here, have this shirt—the band gave me 3 and I only need one.”

The Web of The Energizer.

Through Adrian, I got to meet many great people that I still hang out with/chat with to this day. He was always the connection, whether they be boarders, bands, promoters, industry people—you name it, he was entrenched in metal, connections, and camaraderie. Always on the promotional prowl, he was constantly plugging underground bands. “Band X is AMAZING!” or “If you want on the guest list for show Y, just email me…”

Calls/emails.

“Yo, Zeke—it’s Adrian—you know what’s going on with Woods of Ypres?”

Words that never failed to get me salivating. He’d drop a juicy tidbit or two, and off he’d go, maybe for just a day or maybe a month or two, but there’d always be another call.

Until now.

The Energizer

Attacking me at the DC-area Testament Reunited BBQ, June 4, 2005
mpbzekebbq.jpg

Settling in at PP USA 6
progpowerusampbzeke.jpg

Adrian, Chris Bruni, Zeke during Green Carnation, Day of the Equinox, Toronto, Fall 2005
MPBbrunifis.jpg

Classic Mister Pink Bunny
adrianbeer.jpg

The Bunny man was such a cool guy and friend.

I feel so lucky to have got to hang out with him at Maryland Deathfest a few times, Progpower, and Days of the Equinox up in Toronto.

He was always getting me into various bands and asking for me to spread the word all over the web.

He also was an owner of a big fat cat who loved that fur ball as much as I do with my cat.

It is so tough to think that one of the nicest people I know in the metal community is gone at freakin 37 years old.:erk:

I am so lucky to have known such a cool individual.:headbang:

l_d8fc66a07277b015b104bb4023277d8b.jpg

l_b4c5df31266bb413171eeebe0a350c4a.jpg

l_ea3f752529411c8e8229ba7cf2c8ee10.jpg

l_c75e55cb4fef3a43f30612f085acd005.jpg

l_eb88668ef898f71bf88793d9cf4f8b63.jpg

l_e6fece23111b1fe64a4ab3ab4be64a73.jpg

Adrian was an awesome guy. Someone that everybody in their lifetiime should have the honor to meet. Luckily I was granted that honor. Here's a pic of Adrian and Glenn at ProgPower a few year back. And here's to you Adrian, may you RIP :kickass:

26-GlennHarvesterAdrian.jpg

More news on the Memorial/Benefit show:
http://www.bravewords.com/news/102767

Noel Peters from Toronto-based Inertia Entertainment Inc. has posted the following Adrian Bromley Memorial update on the Brave Board at Bravewords.com:

On Saturday, January 17, 2009 a gathering will take place at The Opera House in Toronto to honour the life and times of our friend Adrian ‘The Energizer’ Bromley.

Come down and share stories with friends and family, and reminisce about the good times shared. A microphone will be available on stage for anyone who would like to take the stage to pay tribute to our friend.

Several of Adrian’s favourite local musical acts will be performing as well, paying tribute. Live performances throughout the evening will come from: DETSORGSEKALF, ECLIPSE ETERNAL, ENDORPHINS, INTO THE VOID, MUSK OX, PILEDRIVER and WOODS OF YPRES.

Additionally there will be a silent auction taking place throughout the evening.

Admission is PWYC/Donation, with all proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society.

If you are unable to attend, and would like to make a donation in Adrian’s name, visit: here

A Memorial For Adrian Bromley
Saturday January 17, 2009
The Opera House, Toronto
735 Queen St. E., 416 466 0313
Doors open at 7:00