Advice needed: Behringer C-2 OR Samson c02

I'm looking at getting a pair of mics to use as overheads. I'm on an EXTREMELY tight budget and I can't quite make my mind up. Now, I'm not daft, I'm not expecting miracles regarding sound quality I just wanna know what you guys would go for? What mic is best out of the two? Do any of you have any experience with said mics? What are your comments on them?

Thanks very much.

Don't mess with either Beringher or Samson.

Find a pair of MXL 603 mics on ebay. I got two for $75 once. I love them.

mxl_drums.jpg

Here's a raw overhead clip of that setup.
http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/files/52/mxl_drums.wav

I haven't really read into the modding, but I'm definitely interested. I have two pairs of these so I could use a pair for live use and a pair for recording. They've served me well over the years.

Please get in touch with me after you mod yours, I would love to hear some comparison clips!

I haven't really read into the modding, but I'm definitely interested. I have two pairs of these so I could use a pair for live use and a pair for recording. They've served me well over the years.

Please get in touch with me after you mod yours, I would love to hear some comparison clips!

there wont be any a/b though. I tore into them immediately.i never really saw a use for them other than to mod, not saying there bad mics just never even plugged them in to try them out

ill do a comparison with some nuemann 184's and some sm81's and other high dollar ldc and dynamics for reference though...i got a pair of b0 and b1 caps dirt cheap........but will get a the b7 or the u47 holy grail sound if these sound accurate compared to the actual blue bottle mic....

I used the Samson mics a few weeks ago for the first time and I was surprised at how they didn't sound completely awful :p

If you check out my thread here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ads/453100-band-i-recorded-mesa-dual-rec.html

The track in that thread was recorded with those Samsons.

Hope this helps.

Listening to that has pretty much convinced me, that they are good for the money. From reading your posts in that thread its sounds as if I will be using the same methods for recording drums as you did (natural cymbals, tiggers on everything else). If I can get close to sounding that good I will be chuffed. Good work, that track is awesome. Thanks for that.

I haven't used the Samsons. I've used the Behringer C2s though and they surprised me, but I would do as Sloan said and go to Ebay and get a pair of MXL 603s. I got a pair for $100. They sound great on acoustic guitar, too.

You can also have them Joly modded, and have a pair of very nice SDCs for way less than they're worth.