Advice on mix in progress...

MarcusD777

Dec 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Just looking for any tips or advice for a mix im working on... I posted a few clips of what I've mixed soo far for the song on my soundclick...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=803131&songID=7053947

Some of the vox are a little loud and dry at the moment but I'm trying to see if everything else instrument wise is sitting well with each other... Still feel like the guitars could cut a little more and the bass have a little more grit/grind too it... Snare could use some more snap/crack high end and some more room verb??

More crack to the snare but I think the reverb is good. Bringing up the guitars just a bit wouldn't hurt either. Liking everything else though!

This is really nice. I agree the guitars could use come forward a bit, and perhaps have a tiny bit more meat. The snare could use some more cracky high-end but thats taste and it sounds great as it is. I would bring the kick down a little bit.

yea ill try to bring up the guitars a tad bit more but i'm feeling it may be more of an eq issue... I high and low passed them at 90hz and 12k, added a 2db boost around 400hz and a slight high shelf around 8 or 9k of 1db... I also put on a multiband to control the low mids around 150 - 300hz... At the time, before I started mixing in the vocals, I felt that the 400hz boost helped gel the guitars and bass alot better. I'll mess around with level and eq a lil bit more on the guitars...

Sounds really good to my ears mate... sounds like the vocalist from Celestial Season to me (I still listen to "Orange" )!

The guitars sound great, and I don't think they need to be bumped up in volume, but as one of the other guys said perhaps a little EQ to give more presence?

Word ill have to give Celestial Season a listen, never heard any of their stuf... but yea Ill mess around with some guitar eqing when the band comes in for recalls...