Orchestral metal with blast beats !! (mix help)

REV00

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2009
Boston MA
www.myspace.com
An old, song of mine..
I'm going to start remixing this tune soon and just wanted some advice from you folks on what to fix. Drums are EZ Drummer, thats first on my list of things to change. Guitars are out of phase, thats second, vox needs level work, thats third but what I really want is some more clarity with the orchestral/precussive stuff. Any mix advise or workflow methods are welcome, there are about 80 stereo tracks so I'm open to any new ideas.

Soundclick

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=931381&songID=8339115

holy fucking shit
the song is AWESOME.
your voice reminds me a lot of Shagrath

cant wait to hear the final version >.<

in the second 20 to 30
i would use a more powerful Horn section sound

my advice :
uninstall ezdrummer XD

i think what the mix sound is some changes on the overall levels to make everything more balanced

p.s: i sent you a private message

Good job on this! I think the vocals need to come up a bit, other than that the mix sounds good to me. The string and drums, some vocals remind me of a band called carnival in coal! One of my favorite bands!

Good job on this! I think the vocals need to come up a bit, other than that the mix sounds good to me. The string and drums, some vocals remind me of a band called carnival in coal! One of my favorite bands!

Thanks man, didn't know about Carnival in Coal but will check them out now.

holy fucking shit
the song is AWESOME.
your voice reminds me a lot of Shagrath

cant wait to hear the final version >.<

in the second 20 to 30
i would use a more powerful Horn section sound

my advice :
uninstall ezdrummer XD

i think what the mix sound is some changes on the overall levels to make everything more balanced

p.s: i sent you a private message

Thanks ! yeah Dimmu is a HUGE influence. I recently got superior 2.0 and Sate so I'll be reworking all the drums with those. Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to get a fatter horn section into some of those parts.
checking PM now.

Wow, great song!
This song really have everything you think about :) original stuff. I really like the cinematic orchestral stuff. I think you already said most things that needed work, ezdrummer and gtrs. Guitars sound a bit thin/hollow, but it's probably hard to fit a good gtr tone with so much orchestral sounds eating up space.