Aerosmith's "Dream On"

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
:headbang: An absolutely incredible track, I'm sure many will agree, even after so many years.

I have a good laugh for you right now. I only NOW truly appreciate this song ESPECIALLY after catching a bit of the tune off a car commercial of some sort (forget the exact one.)

Here's the REAL kicker; upon seeing that commercial, I could have sworn it was LED ZEPPELIN. In fact, I was SO shocked at how amazing the tune was I was determined to track it down online. So yeah, I began looking for it as a Led Zeppelin song being damn certain in must have been by them (I am quite familiar with Zeppelin's style.) I'm not sure what the song was called, but knew the words "dream on" so eventually found the song to appear. I saw aerosmith's name appear also and figured they covered it off Zeppelin, lol man.

Honestly, I was shocked in two different ways. One being that I never truly knew this song and who sang it until recently and the other being that FUCK, they REALLY did sound like Zeppelin in the ONLY aerosmith track I now like.

By far the ONLY good aerosmith track. Well, imo of course. Also, mainly, is the fact I never really liked Steve Tylor's voice. He sounded way different in their debut album.

Anyway, the song kicks much ass and just felt like sharing this with a few, even if I may get a few laughs.

lol at above post.

heh, now, shaking your head meaning, "the song sucks" or meaning as what I think you're meaning, that I knew nothing of the song?

thing is, I definitely heard OF the tune, just to point out, but only recently have I took great interest in it. Long story, but seeing as how I listen to alot of metal these days (and have been for years now - opeth did it for me), I'm checking out alot (and I mean ALOT) of the metal/hard rock that started it all. So basically, I have recently been looking into the past.

It amazes me all the cool shit I've been missing. Sure, I have heard the "key" songs, but never officially been a fan, you know?

Eh... This song doesn't do much for me. I used to like it about 4 years ago, but this song just gets way to much radio time so I got really sick of it really fast.

if you are familiar with zepplin how could you think Steven Tylers voice sounds like Robert Plant?
You not as familiar as you think maybe!

Always liked Aerosmith. I heard the s/t album after being familiar with their more popular work, and the voice made me think it was a completely different singer. A gem of their early material.