Aeternus

5 bucks could be spend elsewhere, maybe saved for another album? go towards your bills? i dunno, youve already got the artwork, why not tape that up ?

5 dollars? Is shit all. I have the 2 disc bwp, it's booklet is sitting in the case, nicely, if I want to look at it. The single 5 dollar disc booklet bwp is up on the wall. Given I don't need 2 discs I ended up just giving the disc to a mate, who at this point hadn't heard Opeth.

^Well when it's 5 bucks why not. I like the artwork of bwp so I thought fuck it ill buy it and put it up on the wall. This was mind you in the peak of fanboyism. Now I'm like aw, that's kinda silly.

Yeah I have a rolled up watershed poster.. that is still rolled up..

if you were such a fanboy, how comes I didn't see you on this forum back in the olden days? They were good times.. Stressing poor mike out, argueing with vintersorg over the morality of downloading mp3's, all of us plugging our own little bands and music projects...

Let alone bump into you at melbourne gigs.. =P

haha well sorry my fanboyisms didn't make me end up joining earlier. I'd been casually reading here since some time in 03. I dunno why I joined in 06, it was more cbf rather than lack of Opeth loyalty. It's hard to bump into someone you don't know EY? haha. I've been to all the Melbourne gigs, this year I'm obviously going to Melbourne, but I'm also going to the Sydney gig as well. So, you can meet me in like 10 days if you like.

If you were lurking around 2003, i probably wouldn't want you to be remembering me, because i was probably trolling around being a fool. I'm missing the live shows this time around. First time they came here, I missed the melbourne tickets, so I saw em in adelaide.. Second time they came, saw em in melbourne.

Oops.. so anyways, Aeternus is hella cool... <.<

I wonder if aeternus realises how good their first two albums are? Or do they think those albums are weak? Not heavy enough?

Same with behemoth!

But I bought that behemoth compilation of all their demo work, in beautiful packaging, with extensive notes and writings from the band, talking nostalgically about their early days, so they seem proud of their black metal days.. So like why change to inferior music?

Maybe they get bored writing that style of music? I dunno, seems to be the go with a lot of black metal bands to change genre in the peak of their career, or drastically change sound.