After Forever to play SXSW Festival in Austin, TX?

I've never been there and my knowledge of the festival is limited, but it lasts for a week. I think the way it works is that almost every music venue in the area has concerts all day long, but I'm not exactly sure.

SXSW is a showcase for labels/management here in the States. There are 100's of bands of all genres that invade the town and play all day long at various clubs. A band normally plays from 30-45 minutes max save a headliner here and there. You can watch a metal band and then hear anything from folk to bluegrass to R&B immediately afterwards at the same or any club. There is no *metal* specific venue. The Gathering did it a few years ago.

It's awesome if you love all types of music. It sucks if you go just to hear one style because you won't get more than an hour or two of it on the same evening.

I'd love to go to see Mika.

South By SouthWest is freakin' huge. Its almost a week long, with 30-40 clubs showcasing bands all day and night. You can buy a wristband for a couple hundred dollars and see whatever band you want. I wouldn't be surprised if After Forever was booked, they've booked plenty of metal bands in the past: Dillinger Escape Plan, Cephalic Carnage, Helmet, The Sword, etc. Its mostly indie-rock bands though with a few big headliners. Last year was Billy Idol I think.

An impressive list of bands, though most I don't know (Steaming Wolf Penis?). Have to look through the list more carefully for good metal bands, but so far AF is the only one that jumped out.

South by southwest is a very good showcase. Over the years it has grown. Austin has a lot of good music, if anyone has a chance to go they not be disappointed.