CoB in Texas

Finland's CHILDREN OF BODOM have been confirmed to appear at the 17th annual South by Southwest Music Festival (SXSW), set to be held Mar. 12-16 in various venues in Austin, Texas. It is presently unclear if the band will perform any additional U.S. dates as part of the jaunt, the primary purpose of which is to stir up label interest in the group.

CHILDREN OF BODOM, whose previous output was released in North America through Nuclear Blast Records (via a licensing agreement with Finland's Spinefarm Records), re-signed with Spinefarm last year after entertaining offers from several other companies.

Spinefarm, whose parent company, Spin-Farm Oy, was bought out by Universal Music early last year, are said to have an arrangement in place whereby Universal companies in North America have the first right of refusal on all new releases coming out through the label. CHILDREN OF BODOM's appearance at 2003 South by Southwest Music Festival is believed to be intended as a showcase for Universal's North American executives, who have not yet made a final decision as to whether they will issue the group's new album domestically.

CHILDREN OF BODOM's latest CD, "Hate Crew Deathroll", is due in Finland on Tuesday, Jan. 7 through Spinefarm. The album was tracked at Astia studio in Lappeenranta, Finland and was mastered in early November at Finnvox studios in Helsinki.

For more information on the 2003 South by Southwest Music Festival, visit the event's official web site at this location.
View

speaking of texas....
the 17-20th

Nile, Dark Tranquillity, Napalm Death, Stapping Young Lad, The Berzerker

Originally posted by death metal dan
I'm pretty pissed about this because that's across the country from me. I hope they do at least a mini-tour before or after that Texas date.

DMD

www.into-obscurity.com

This quite literally makes no sense (not your post). It's SO expensive to tour/travel, I'd find it hard to believe that CoB is coming over to NA just for ONE SHOW.

Hopefully, they will, as you said, put together a 3-week or so mini-tour of major markets in the USA. *crosses fingers*