Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Dave DeCeglie. I sing and look fabulous

Where's the band from?
The band is based out of Queens New York

Who're your major influences?
We each like different stuff. I don’t know that I hear our favourite bands in our band. I think we sound like a more rock oriented version of the Cure with some early Earth Crisis and Snapcase mixed in there.

What's your local scene like?
I don’t know that we run with a particular scene as much as try to play with bands we like when and wherever we can. We’ll play a high profile show with Boy Sets Fire then play a crappy bar with other local bands but I wouldn’t say we pledge allegiance to a scene.

How can people hear your music?
www.afterthebath.net has a link to our mp3 site. Come check us out live or email us at afterthebath@yahoo.com and we’ll send you a cd.

If you could play a gig with 3 other bands, who would it be?
Tomahawk, Bjork, Pantera

What's your best gig memory?
We were gonna have a stunt man friend of ours (Aramis Satorio) light himself on fire at one show. The club took his fire equipment so he stuck CD’s in his pants and just started screaming at people to take them out of his crotch.

What's your worst?
It was the last day of our first tour with “Whatever it Takes” and during the last song I was screaming and threw up in my mouth – I think our guitarist did too. It was a mouthful.

Would you describe your sound as Hot or Cold?
cold – we have are catchy moments but there not happy

What are you plans for the future?
We just wanna write songs we like and be able to afford doing it. Musically I don’t wanna keep writing the same record over and over like Korn has done. To keep repeating the same things just, to me becomes less and less believable.

What song of yours should people listen to before any other?
I have no idea. It depends on what you like. But we don’t rap, so I don’t regret any of them.

If a label said they'd sign you for a 10 album, multi-million £ deal, providing you got rid of one of your members (you can choose!), would you do it?
No, I could make a million dollars selling crack but that’s not why you write music. But I might fuck everyone and go solo.

What's your favourite album of all time, and why?
There is no “one” but if I had to say: Angel Dust by Faith no More. I don’t know that it’s even my favourite by them but it covers so much ground vocally and has become the blueprint for everything in metal today. I couldn’t count on both hands the bands that have ripped off that cd.

What was the main reason you became a musician?
Good looks and low self esteem…no really, penis compensation

How would you like to be remembered?
If I’m remembered at all that would be great. I hope not everyone likes what I’ve done because I don’t like everyone.

What's the first word that comes to mind when you see the word MANOWAR!
3 words…Brothers of Metal!!!!!!

What one location in the world would you love to play a gig at?
Japan. They clap for everything

What do you think of the current metal magazines? Which rock, and which are shit? They all seem to twist things and slap labels on scenes they don’t know much about. Guitar world said Thursday, Glassjaw and Thrice were the new thing Called “SCREAMO.” What the fuck? I don’t wanna even get into that. Terrorizer gave us a good review so there cool. I like Kerrang’s tabloid appeal but I take everything I read with a grain of salt.

Tell us 3 good reasons why people should listen to you?
Honest songs, Dynamic sound, Free Demos

Any message for your fans and the UM masses?
Yeah.. Buy the Cd when it comes out cause my unemployment checks ran out and I need to eat. And to DAVE MUSTAINE – get your shit together!

A review of After The Bath's latest demo can be found here.