after the first day of Pop Montreal...

mindspell

vvv Jake's ass vvv
Jul 6, 2002
Montreal
www.mindspell.org
the conclusion is that you have to check out, by any means at your disposal, the Dears. And there are way too many shows and the choices are really hard to make. Also, fuck Franz Ferdinand, I am not going to their show, Tricky Woo reformed and are playing at the same time and are much more worth my time.

Ian MacKaye is in town satruday for a conference and I know I shouold get there but its like in the middle of the afternoon and that pisses me off.

They vary quite a bit from fairly intricate post-rock-type to almost Marvin Gaye-type soul-rock so yeah it is entirely possible you heard something that you didn't enjoy.

They were so awesome last night. The show was in a art gallery type of space with them in the middle of it arranged in circle (much like you would expect their practice space would be setup.) They played unfinished songs, the whole Protest EP and a few others. Everybody was sweating their asses off, the only light in the place was one of the garden projector that was aimed to the ceiling behind one of the keyboardist. The intensity of the performance, the setting, the communal ambiance, everything was incredible.

Yeah, they have a black singer/guitarist, and he is charismatic as I have seen.

They have a record deal in the US and Europe now so it shouldn't be too hard to find their stuff in a few month's time

End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story