AGALLOCH And The End Records Part Ways

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
http://www.bravewords.com/news/88075

Portland's AGALLOCH have issued the following update:

"Having fulfilled our record contract with The End Records, we have decided not to renew with them. We thank The End for 10 years of hard work and dedication. Our three full-length albums will continue to be in print for as long as there is a demand for them. Agalloch's immediate plans are to remain low key, work on new material, and look towards the future."

Agalloch recently released The White EP via Vendlus Records.

Hard to say if this is good or bad. They seem like the type to go indy.

Either way, I look forward to anything new they produce. I have yet to be disappointed.

Strange that. Whenever I think Agalloch, The End is not far behind. Wonder if they will end up on a major now? I never thought Dream Theater or Opeth would be on RoadRunner...

Strange that. Whenever I think Agalloch, The End is not far behind. Wonder if they will end up on a major now? I never thought Dream Theater or Opeth would be on RoadRunner...

i would seriously doubt a bigger label jump.
Agalloch is no wheres near the popularity of Dream Theater, or Opeth for that matter.

to be of real interest to a major i would think that they need to be more into touring as well, which they really don't do.

Yeah, Agalloch are really a niche band whose sound probably won't translate to commercial rewards. That said, I could see a major distributing 1 record with full marketing.

i would seriously doubt a bigger label jump.
Agalloch is no wheres near the popularity of Dream Theater, or Opeth for that matter.

to be of real interest to a major i would think that they need to be more into touring as well, which they really don't do.

Yeah, I can't exactly see Agalloch hopping onto Century Media or something, but who knows really. Just get a new album out! White EP ruled, but its not the typical Agalloch of course. I'd LOVE something new for the fall.

TheEnd is great, Agalloch is great... but as some have said, they're really a niche band with no real touring presence. So an independent route might be good for them.

Good for them. It's a good time for them to find a new home. The End Records have been signing some incredibly shitty bands these days, and unfortunately because of this their roster isn't half as good as it used to be. Even their mailorder isn't as good as it once was. Unless they get back on track, I don't see good things for the label's future.