Agalloch News?

SkeetsMaloy

Apr 9, 2005
Under the bed
Just wondering if anybody has an update or has heard any news on Agalloch and their upcoming album. I read not so long ago that they were writing material and it may be out before the end of the year (though that seems highly unlikely).

It's a kick in the balls trying to track down some news on them, considering they don't seem to have an 'official' website.

I heard they broke up indefinitely and that one of the members committed suicide.

I believe they are playing some concert in Toronto in October with Woods of Ypres and some other bands of the sort. One of the fan sites linked to from metal-archives is a pretty good resource.

yeah, they're playing Day of the Equinox...they're planning to play a few songs they've never played live, and they're also going to be selling stuff that will only be sold at that show...sneaky bastards

otherwise, check out The End Records forum

SkeetsMaloy said:
Oh and Dodens, Mikael Bayusik is selling locks of his pubes on ebay. Figured you may want to check that out.....not funny, I know.

Why do you know this? Did you search eBay for pubic hair?

No, him and I go way back...He called me the other day and asked that I spread the word to all the hardcore Tearstained fans. You were the first one that came to mind.

unknown said:
yeah, they're playing Day of the Equinox...they're planning to play a few songs they've never played live, and they're also going to be selling stuff that will only be sold at that show...sneaky bastards

otherwise, check out The End Records forum

Interesting..Day of the Equinox is the aforementioned show in Toronto? If only I wasn't a poor mofo and lived closer I would be there...

For those interested, I found this post from Don Anderson of Agalloch regarding the upcoming album:

When asked when the band will be going into the studio:

"It is difficult to say because during the school year I live 4 1/2 hours away from the rest of the band and the studio. But things are moving well and I hope to see us go in off and on during fall and winter. Unfortunately, like the Mantle, this will probably be a long process, but its just how we do things. We don't rehearse or anything. Its very solitary. We spend a lot of time in the studio arranging and even writing, so its hard to say when we will go in, or when we will be done.

However, I am VERY happy with the new material. Haughm has done some very fine work and we are looking forward to recording."

I guess they don't even know themselves when recording will begin/end.

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but the new album will b called ashes against the grain and they were supposed to enter the studio december 10th. www.agalloch.tk

Phrozenspite said:
they sold a wooden double vinyl set limited to 50 copies, and check The Ends forum theres a full setlist there and a bootleg of it

60 copies. 30 of a darker stain, 30 lighter. i forget what the 2 stains were.

"The recording process for Ashes Against The Grain was completed this past weekend. The album is currently being mixed and will hopefully be ready for mastering in a couple weeks. A studio gallery will be posted online shortly." - John Haughm