Agalloch - The "White" e.p.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Listening now! :kickass:

vendlus_banner_small.jpg

Who's got this? It's already out of print, I believe.

Received my copy in the mail yesterday, really enjoying it. I'd say Sowilo Rune and Panthiest are my favorite tracks so far. I'd even go as far as to say that Sowilo Rune is one of the best songs Agalloch has produced so far. I'll be seeing them live again next week in Seattle and Portland, can't wait!

The White EP isn't really what I was expecting, but not in a bad way at all. A very enjoyable release all around. Pantheist is my favourite track from the release thus far.

As for Island, I'm really not sure what to think about these guys. I'm finding it hard to get past the vocals, to be honest, and as such am finding it to be quite a struggle to sit through the whole thing. I'll have to give it a few more listens yet though, I guess.

I thought this was a great EP on first listen, and yet it still gets better and better each spin. Fantastic release!

Yeah I love it, fantastic atmosphere about it. However, Agalloch needs to release a full length in the style that they do so well, that would be rather fantastic.

I only ordered the Agalloch ep (yes, I'm THAT cheap), and was very pleasantly surprised - not that I expected it to be bad, just different. It's great soothing music. The last track is (for now) my favorite song. Anyone know where the samples are from (movie, tv, something)?

It's a shame that this release was released at this date, since it's got a very winter-y feel, and over here winter's already over.

based on these words alone i just ordered it
it sounds .. as someone wrote.. compelling and worth the listen
thanks for the recommendation folks!

I love the album, absolutely amazing.

Anyway, the sound clips are from the Wickerman, not the new version, but the older version with Christopher Lee... and yes, Christopher Lee's voice is used in the album, he is the "heathen" the guy is talking to:

Sergeant Howie: And what of the TRUE God? Whose glory, churches and monasteries have been built on these islands for generations past? Now sir, what of him?

Lord Summerisle: He's dead. Can't complain, had his chance and in modern parlance, blew it.

<-- he is Lord Summerisle. http://imdb.com/title/tt0070917/

Thought ya guys may find that interesting.

^ Sweet, that makes it even more interesting because 1) I now know where its from, 2) its freaking Christopher Lee! Haha. I wasn't paying enough attention the few times I listened to it to pick out his voice, maybe he was really young too. Might have to download or rent that movie.

Cheers for that! Good to know.

On a seperate note, how is the original compared to the Nicholas Cage one?