Agalloch Video is up

there were only a couple of bad editing parts...oh well

I'm curious to know if there is a longer, unedited version. that'd be cool

man i know i rag on metal for its dumb aesthetic a lot but i actually thought that was pretty tasteful, i even thought while watching it "this is the kind of thing i could show to non-metal fans and be proud rather than embarrassed about enjoying". okay so the forests and snow and mountains imagery is kinda hackneyed but it was also rather pretty, the only things i wouldve cut was the guy playing acoustic guitar in the middle of a forest or whatever, and haughm's dramatic posing, both of which looked ridiculous.

unknown said:
there were only a couple of bad editing parts...oh well

I'm curious to know if there is a longer, unedited version. that'd be cool

Well, Haughm said they were trying to get the unedited version released, but he's not sure if it will ever see the light of day.

Necuratul said:
quote your sources fag

You hush your mouth.

Here.

Haughm said:
Actually I personally fought and fought and fought and fought against having a short version and, in the end, I thought this version was exclusively for TV airing (if it got ever that far). So I am pretty irritated that it is on MP3.com advertised as THE video.

Complain to The End Records. This shit is out of our hands.

I don't like the editing in this version either. It is A LOT better than the first cut but unfortunately the feeling we were trying to achieve was still lost because it had to be condensed into a quick, 4 minute affair. There isn't much that could be done about it.

J. Haughm

And this one is directed at the unedited version.
Haughm said:
We are working on that with the video people. I think parts of it are finished but I don't know when it will see the light of day. I would prefer NOT the show the video at all until the full version was available. Once again - out of my hands.

The song edit is indeed unfortunate. I sat in the studio with Ronn for hours trying to make an edit that would not compromise the integrity of the overall composition. When a 9 minute song has to be reduced to a 4 minute hack, such things are impossible. It would've been the same with any of the songs. The video editors also made some further changes to the edit which really annoyed me.

The effect of the song edit on the editing of the actual video is what bothers me. All of the long, slow Bergman-esque panoramic stuff they filmed was reduced to half or quarter-second flashes!

J

Its great. The colours, the editing.
But yeah the bad side is that song has been cut.

I thought the scene with just Don Anderson playing the acoustic was kind of funny. he got the only still shot in the entire band

Its a real shame it had to be edited.

If Metallica (curse their souls) did a full length video for "One", why not let Agalloch have a full length "Not Unlike The Waves" video clip? Its such a shame that appealing to masses is reduced to 4 minutes of editing junk. Imagine the Negura Bunget "Vazduh" video edited to pop single length.. that would be awful.