Agile Interceptor Pro, Whats the deal?

AgentX

Jun 14, 2009
Oxford, UK
www.facebook.com
One of my mates brought to my attention these guitars and was amazed by the price! I just wanted to know if there any good? I'm looking at getting the 27" scale 7 string version as an upgrade from my Jackson DK2 which has been my workhorse for the past ~7years.

I've done some reading on this forum and other places and a lot of people are concerned about the adjustment to either the 7strings or the 27" scale etc so I know what to expect from this perspective.

What I would like to know is what the guitars are like tonally? is it worth the money or are you just wasting it? Should I just save up a bit more and get a Schecter or Ibanez? my budget at the moment is about 600 squids (£).

Would be great to hear any examples or experiences you have with these things.

Cheers!

I love my Septor (same thing but with a TOM bridge). As far as overall build quality and attention to detail, it's not quite as nice as my Ibanez RG7421s (I have the older ones with 7621 necks), but it's pretty close, and the specs are nice enough to tip the scales in favor of the Agile, IMO. I have three Agiles, and they're all great. If you like the specs, get one.

I'm also interested in these guitars, I plan on buying one to replace my Jackson rr3 lol. I've only ever heard good things about the brand/company and the price seems really fair!

At least your in the USA! I'm in the UK and have absolutely no chance of trying one out unless I buy it or track someone down who owns one! lol

That sucks man. I've never seen or played one in person, though I do have a better chance than you ;) Does Rondo ship internationally and could you return it if you wanted?

Got an intrepid 8 and am stoked with it. I'd perhaps change out the pickup eventually but considering it was 2000 clams cheaper than most other production 8s I couldn't be happier.

OH fuck that's tempting. Major GAS atm.

I checked their selection a while back and they didn't have anything without a floyd. Looks like they've updated that now and all the specs are just perfect. Might pick up a Septor Pro 727 and replace the pickups.

Agiles look so great but I am afraid to order cause I can´t test these machines.

I looking at buying one of those sexy 8 strings as well. I planned to buy a RG2228 first, but then again, Agile seems to build very solid guitars for ridiculous low money.