Aina

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Has anyone picked up the Japanese import of this Metal Opera produced by Sascha Paeth and Miro? It is absolutely unreal. What a fantastic piece of work!!! Tobias Sammett, Michael Kiske, Thomas Rettke, Olaf Hayer, as well as many others. I have heard it will be distributed through The End Records in February. Very Highly recommended!!

The_Q said:
Has anyone picked up the Japanese import of this Metal Opera produced by Sascha Paeth and Miro? It is absolutely unreal. What a fantastic piece of work!!! Tobias Sammett, Michael Kiske, Thomas Rettke, Olaf Hayer, as well as many others. I have heard it will be distributed through The End Records in February. Very Highly recommended!!
I'm dying to get this! Where did you order from??? And did you get the double cd set with the bonus dvd? Thanks

Thanks. Does anyone else know of another site that is selling the limited edition release that comes with the bonus DVD? I've been searching for Transmission Records website all day and can't find it. Can anyone help? Thanks

The only thing I don't get is why they are making this release so quiet. I've only heard about the album from word of mouth on other forums, but it's impossible to find anything else about it.

With a lineup as it is, and the amount of cash that must have been spent to produce this album, it amazes me they didn't devote any of the cash to advertising...=/

Cause some people say it's out in Europe already, most say February...Japan sounds like they have it...

It's just crazy....*shrugs* Seems like with an album of this caliber it would at least have its own website...

Yeah... I can't find anything about it at all. But if The Q says it's better than Avantasia 1 and 2 (in another thread) and Tobias Sammet is on it... I and a few people I know might be veeeeery interested.

The_Q said:
FYI, Impulse Music is where I picked mine up. Kinda pricey at $36.99 but it is a double CD Japanese import. Check them out at http://www.impulsemusic.com. They are pretty quick.

Looks like I'll be buying from Impulse. Weird that The End Records doesn't have it on their website since they have an ad for the album in the current issue of BW & BK magazine.

powermetal2000 said:
Looks like I'll be buying from Impulse. Weird that The End Records doesn't have it on their website since they have an ad for the album in the current issue of BW & BK magazine.

saw this from The End:

12/4/03
We are very proud to announce that we will handling promotion and distribution for TRANSMISSION RECORDS for USA + CANADA. TRANSMISSION concentrates in releasing some of the top albums in the symphonic/progressive/metal genres! We are starting with the following excellent releases scheduled for February, 2004.
AINA_MetalOpera.jpg

AINA - Days Of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera
2xCD + DVD (NTSC)
Cat# TM3040
UPC:654436304029
This super deluxe packaging comes as a 2xCD and a DVD + 72-pages booklet . A concept story that becomes the ultimate symphonic metal opera as it features over 30 musicians and choirs!

I am so psyched to pick this up!! I was just saw this last night in BW&BK, so I am ready for this! Does anybody know a good cheap place to get Japanese imports like this?? There has got to be a better way than Amazon!

Unfortunately a typical Japanese import will run you average $28.00 not including tax, so $36.99 for a 2cd is not too bad. The End Records will have Aina in February/March but I am not sure about this DVD. If the Japanese edition did not come with it, but I will pick it up again from The End if they do have the DVD. By the way has anyone picked up The Keepers Of Jericho Part 1- A tribute To Helloween? AWESOME!!

For those like me that wanted to know more, go here http://www.thestoryofaina.nl/

It's the official homepage for the Aina "project". It also includes some decent soundclips. From what I've heard, if you own either of the Avantasia cds, you have to buy this because it is just that good.

Give me metal, or give me death!!!
Ballstorm, The Battlerager
:hotjump:

I doubt that The End Records will be selling this for over $30. I think they are the ones distributing it here. I'm betting it will be between $20-$25 including shipping.

nightwish58 said:
Thanks. Does anyone else know of another site that is selling the limited edition release that comes with the bonus DVD? I've been searching for Transmission Records website all day and can't find it. Can anyone help? Thanks
Transmission is a Dutch label who have a few (mainly Dutch) bands signed: After Forever, Epica, Ayreon, Elegy. I was surprised to see that Aina was released on the Transmission label.

I know they're doing a good job for the bands they have right now, but i can't understand that they don't have a website at all, yes NO website. So stop searching since there's nothing to find at all. Despite the very good job they're doing (well actually its mainly one guy) i think it would be much better for the bands if they did had a website, even if it was for promoting their name and bands only.

However they do have an e-mail addy: info@transmissionrecords.nl so if you want to know more, just mail them :)

Thanks Powermetal20000, I just ordered another copy of Aina (because mine came without the DVD) but this time I ordered from AOR Heaven. I think you might be getting the PAL format of the DVD. I have an all region DVD player so I will be able to play it. It might be worth buying one if not for the Aina DVD maybe for the Doro, Nightwish, Gamma Ray, Rage, Eunning Wild, Saxon, Concerto Moon, and Hammerfall DVD's alvailable only in non-NTSC formats. Impulse Music sells the players. Thanks again for the AOR Heaven heads up.

AOR Heaven: http://www.aorheaven.com/
Impulse Music: http://www.impulsemusic.com