Release date confirmed for new Kamelot album

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
SPV Records has set a March 15 North American release date (one day earlier internationally except Japan, where it's due on Feb. 16) for the new KAMELOT album, "The Black Halo". The first release for Europe will be a limited-edition digipak with bonus material.

As previously reported, KAMELOT were recently scheduled to head to Sweden to shoot the videos for "March of Mephisto" and "The Haunting" with director Patric Ullaeus of Revolver Films (LACUNA COIL, DIMMU BORGIR, IN FLAMES).

"March of Mephisto" and "The Haunting" come off "The Black Halo", which was produced by Sascha Paeth and Miro at Gate and Pathway studios in Germany. Guest musicians on the album include Shagrath (DIMMU BORGIR), Jens Johansson (STRATOVARIUS), Simone Simons (EPICA), Mari (MASQUERAID), as well as the KAMELOT choir, featuring Herbie Langhans (SEVENTH AVENUE), Amanda Somerville-Scharf, Miro, Gerit Göbel, Thomas Rettke (HEAVEN'S GATE) and Elisabeth Kjaernes, among others.
-----

I cannot wait to get this. Epica blew me away so I hope this is quite the follow up. I am most excited about the song with Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath.

Bryan316 said:
Point taken! I'd be more afraid, though, if Ashlee Simpson was making an appearance. I at least know the guys from Dimmu Borgir know their shit. Black Metal or not, they're damned good at what they do.

I for one am looking forward to it. I am a huge fan of both Kamelot and Dimmu Borgir. I have come to have diverse tastes when it comes to metal. And don't count Dimmu Borgir out....Kings of the Carnival Creation is one of the best metal songs ever recorded.

Dimmu Borgir is more or less horrible thesedays. I only care for For All Tid and Stormblast. As far as them being black metal, they definitely aren't. Black metal has been exploited so much with bands like Cradle Of Filth and Dimmu Borgir that the genre has little meaning anymore outside of the underground bands keeping the flame burning.