Dimmu Borgir's SHAGRATH to appear on new KAMELOT album "The Black Halo"...

Kamelot's a good band and all...I liked the first 2 or 3 with Khan on vocals...but I don't think I could stomach another 'epic', 'symphonic' power metal concept album...from anyone...

Kamelot's "Epica" was an album that, despite being a genre i normally despise, :
i really, really, really liked. it was full of interesting melodies and enough changes in tone to satisfy the grandness its cheesiness portrayed. it was cheesy in the best way possible. and even as a concept album, most if not all of the individual songs were great on their own.

the one reservation i have is the same as others have voiced: so many guest appearances and i'm hoping the band doesn't lose their OWN appearance on this disc.

as for the 'floweryness' of it, stfu :headbang: power metal, flower metal, prog metal, grandma metal, whatever you call it: its still metal

I find it baffling that a lot of people who detest flower metal enjoy Kamelot...They're one of the wimpiest of the bunch. Their early stuff isn't so bad or cheesy, but damn, from 2000 on they've released some of the cheesiest and most harmless stuff I've ever heard.

Evil Gentleman, change your fucken signature. Can a mod seriously step in on this?