Strangest duet of the year...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
According to KAMELOT's new record label, SPV, DIMMU BORGIR frontman Shagrath will be making a guest appearance on the band's new album, The Black Halo. Shagrath will be heard on the mid-tempo opening track 'March Of Mephisto', a song that will also feature STRATOVARIUS keyboardist Jens Johansson.

As previously reported, EPICA singer Simone Simons will also be featured on one song alongside Kamelot frontman Roy S. Khan.

Other song titles on the album include Song titles include 'Moonlight Falling', 'When The Lights Are Down', 'The Black Halo', 'Soul Society', 'Abandoned', 'Master Of The Game', 'Pride', 'Nothing Ever Dies' and 'Serenade'.

I cant wait for this album to come out, Epica and Karma were amazing :worship: Kamelot... Power metal that doesnt suck. Or sound like Iron Maiden.

Maybe they will go symphonic black metal now. KVLT!

It actually might work if Shagrath is Satan (which im presuming he is seeing what the albums based on). Though I can picture legions of power metal fans saying they like the song "but that guy sounds like he is gargling broken glass..."

You know what the real problem with it is though? All the copiers are shithouse. I mean, you could say the same about power metal, but theres at least 5 or 6 really top notch ones, whereas its Dimmu then daylight for a month before anyone even gets close. Its probably the kvltness scaring people off the genre, little do they know they could be signed to Nuclear Blast and playing Wacken if they could just write one catchy symphonic black metal song :)

I had Epica given to me some time back. I had only heard one song at the time, Edge of Paradise which I thought was really good, but I never really gave the album much of a chance. Whipped it out the other day and was impressed, unfortunately it may be a while before it is heard again, got new Dungeon and DT-Awake to go on with at the moment.

spawn said:
You know what the real problem with it is though? All the copiers are shithouse. I mean, you could say the same about power metal, but theres at least 5 or 6 really top notch ones, whereas its Dimmu then daylight for a month before anyone even gets close.
You are kidding right?

Stonewall said:
Whipped it out the other day and was impressed
*Giggle*

Epica is great, theres a couple of filler tracks, but the rest is brilliant. Edge Of The Universe, III Ways To Epica and Wander are my favourite tracks :worship:

Kamelot are cool, but they're songs are all the same... i mean in terms of how they are written. They sound good, but they are so predictable...

Im not sure what you mean :confused: Iced Earth I could understand someone saying that about, but not Kamelot...

that is true... hahah
nah i just mean that they seem to be fairly predictable in how they write!!! You know from the very outset what the song is going to do, how it is going to flow... and it stays that way for most of the time!