Airport

Hey Tess,

Both airports are about the same distance....I prefer Ohare
myself, but perhaps other people can chime in. Unless you
get an amazing fare to Midway, I'd stick with Ohare. :)

Chris

Both airports are about the same distance

huh?

well... I guess if you consider that you can take the freeway the whole way from O'Hare, then I suppose the driving times are about the same... but distance-wise, O'Hare is literally twice as far away (based on my road atlas).

Midway does usually have lower fares (due to the presence of AirTran and ATA Airlines), and is an easier drive (just take Cicero south to 159th, to Halsted, or take Cicero south to the toll road, and get off at Halsted). If you fly in to O'Hare, you have to fuck with 80/94 -- which is kinda hit-or-miss, in my experience. Given the choice, I'd pick Midway every time.

If I had the Choice I would fly into O'Hare but I am going to be using ATA and they only fly into Midway from SFO.

Bear

booB said:
Both airports are about the same distance

huh?

well... I guess if you consider that you can take the freeway the whole way from O'Hare, then I suppose the driving times are about the same... but distance-wise, O'Hare is literally twice as far away (based on my road atlas).

i meant in terms of drive time....doh! thanks.

I'm back ant Midway for the first time since the "Leaving ProgPower I Fiasco". It's definitely closer - I just got better fares to O'Hare for the last few trips. (Well, I drove to Powerfest 2004. That's a story in and of itself...)

Bad Girl Tess said:
Thanks everyone! Which one is nicer? Like, in terms of cleanliness and stuff ...

WTF!!! o_O Like do they have beday's for your cleanliness LOL I thought they made them tough down in Texass, I guess not!!! :loco:

Bear

Bear said:
WTF!!! o_O Like do they have beday's for your cleanliness LOL I thought they made them tough down in Texass, I guess not!!! :loco:

Bear

They do make them tough in Texas, but I'm still a girl!!!!!! :oops:

As already said, Midway is definitely physically closer, but its all local roads to get there, whereas O'Hare is all interstate.

I'll agree that as far as airports go, O'Hare isnt too dirty, but Midway was recently rennovated, and much nicer than it used to be, in case some of you are basing your opinions on a past experience. It is also smaller, so it would be easier to get in and out of.

I'd say, both are good places to go though.