ALBERTO RIGONI: Exclusive Premiere Of “Mizaru” From The New Album Feat. Kevin Moore

ProgSphere

New Metal Member
Mar 27, 2012
Alberto-Rigoni-Three-Wise-Monkeys.jpg

Alberto Rigoni’s new album Three Wise Monkeys is due on October 1st and is seeing the talented bass player taking a big step forward after the 2011’s Rebirth(Nightmare Records). Rigoni has gathered again a great group of guest musicians that appears on the album: Göran Edman (Karmakanic, Marran, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-John Norrum) on vocals, Kevin Moore (OSI, Chroma Key, ex-Dream Theater) on keyboards, Mark Cross (ex-Helloween, Outloud, Firewind) on drums, Mistheria, Jonas Erixon, Tommy Ermolli, Paolo Valli and many others.

Three Wise Monkeys is thematically centered around the Japanese folk legend of the three wise monkeys (together they embody the proverbial principle to “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil”) and further refines the stylistic contrasts and progressive spirit characterizing 2011’s Rebirth.

Prog Sphere brings you the exclusive premiere of Mizaru, second song on the album that features Kevin Moore on keyboards, Paolo Valli on drums and Tommy Ermolli on guitar. Click HERE to listen to Mizaru.

“Mizaru is one of the three wise monkeys that together embody the proverbial principle to“see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil”. The three monkeys are Mizaru, covering his eyes, who sees no evil; Kikazaru, covering his ears, who hears no evil; and Iwazaru, covering his mouth, who speaks no evilRigoni explains.

Asked about working with Kevin Moore, Rigoni adds: “The song is instrumental. When I composed it, I had in mind to ask Kevin Moore to play over it. I love Kevin’s tone and sound. I started playing bass because of Dream Theater, in particular because of Images and Words and Awake albums. Kevin did an incredible job on those albums and I was shocked. It’s a great honor to have him on the album.“

You can pre-order Three Wise Monkeys on Bandcamp on THIS LOCATION, the album is available as digital download and signed digipack edition. It is also available from: Power Prog (Europe), Nightmare Records (USA & Canada), Disk Union (Japan) and BTF (Italy). Check out the video trailer of the album .

Last edited by a moderator: