Album teaser - the instrumental song

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Hey ya'll!

Here's a little treat. I know I've been slow on the studio updates and stuff lately but it's all coming. This is the instrumental song which I might use as an intro to the album or keep in the middle of the album... or throw away. Depends on how everything turns out.

Still not mixed, but most editing is done at least. It sounds pretty monstrous (not in a very good way) here with my cheap 2.1 computer speaker set but I will get to the mixing as soon as I am done with recording the vocals (only half a song left!!).

One important thing to do is making the kick and bass work together more happily. Right now they're fighting a bit but I think I'll give side-chaining a go and see if the kick can poke through the bass guitar. It's gonna be fun mixing this I hope :D

All in all I am very happy with the album and how it is progressing and I am amazed at how cool this sounds given the fact that I've used very cheap gear! About the most expensive thing I have is the M-Audio Profire 2626 and even that isn't much to brag about. The bass guitar I borrowed from a friend seemed like a good bass though so maybe that was among the more expensive items as well haha, but no pro gear - that's for sure.

Enjoy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot WAIT for your album. I think you've overdone the glitchy stuff here a bit (I hope the rest of the album doesn't have too much), but it's not too bad. I love the drums, and I know this isn't mixed but I hope you don't change the drums too much for the final thing, especially that snare.

Allready sounds pretty sick to me!
you're right about the kick and bass thingy tho
Also the toms sound a bit boxy I think

that would work as an intro for the album imo!

The glitch is pretty much only in this song because it was so boring in its previous version. I just had fun while doing it, that's all that matters :) This isn't a "real" song so it's perfectly fine for the guitars to be fucked up inside and out.

I love the way it sounds already man. STOKED

Seriously this and the new STC will be the top albums when they're released.

Another album I'm looking forward to this year; music is great and the mix seems to fit it wonderfully! =D