Alcohol

MetalSummer

Apr 13, 2007
Wales (UK)
I heard some disturbing news last night, that alcohol in Denmark is very expensive, esp for brits, is this true? Could you give any info so that I can check this out? :OMG:

compared to other countries it is maybe more expensive to buy drinks in a bar in denmark (especially in the middle of Copenhagen). But "The Rock" is not that expensive if I remember the prices correctly. Our friends from Sweden and Norway would say it is very cheap in Denmark, whereas someone from Germany might faint upon some prices for drinks up here.

Yes, brits must pay the double price for everything they are buying in the bar :)

hmmm I really hope that's an attempt at some sarcastic humour.:cry:

compared to other countries it is maybe more expensive to buy drinks in a bar in denmark (especially in the middle of Copenhagen). But "The Rock" is not that expensive if I remember the prices correctly. Our friends from Sweden and Norway would say it is very cheap in Denmark, whereas someone from Germany might faint upon some prices for drinks up here.

It can be expensive over here to buy drinks at a music venue, but I was told by someone who once came to Denmark that it cost them about £7 per pint/bottle!!...which believe me, is bloody expensive.
Could you give me an example of how much a pint/bottle would be? Of course.. in your currency, I can then convert it so that I'll have more of an idea.
Thanks. :)

The prices are approximately like this:

½ liter of beer = 40 Kroner (approx 6 Euro's).

You can buy a "kande" which is 2.2 liters of beer for 135 Kroner, so you'll be able to save some money there.

Booze is pretty expensive I have to say. Don't remember the prices right now, but I believe a normal drink with booze/soda would cost around 8 Euro's.

The Rock does have a 10 Kroner offer on beer + drinks between 1 and 2 at night though, so if you drink responsively during the evening, while enjoying the fantastic bands, and get shit-faced between 1 and 2, you'll be home safe:headbang:

Lars

The Rock does have a 10 Kroner offer on beer + drinks between 1 and 2 at night though, so if you drink responsively during the evening, while enjoying the fantastic bands, and get shit-faced between 1 and 2, you'll be home safe:headbang:

Lars

Haha, i got to test that offer after the Kamelot gig in May:loco: Worked just fine for me since i usually have a couple of beers during a concert and after i pour them down:heh:

I just did a field test at "Pumpehuset" at the Porcupine Tree/Pure Reason Revolution Concert (extremely good by the way) and I paid 42 DKK for 0,4 litres of Tuborg ... just for your information ...

"Pumpehuset" is known as the most expensive place to get drunk during a concert in Copenhagen, so forget about that. As Lars said, "The Rock" isn't that expensive, and we have the one hour between 1 and 2 in the night where drinks and beer are extremely cheap (less than 1£, approx 1.2€)

c.

The prices are approximately like this:

½ liter of beer = 40 Kroner (approx 6 Euro's).

You can buy a "kande" which is 2.2 liters of beer for 135 Kroner, so you'll be able to save some money there.

Booze is pretty expensive I have to say. Don't remember the prices right now, but I believe a normal drink with booze/soda would cost around 8 Euro's.

Lars

Thanks for taking the time to supply the info Lars. I am going to have to convert your measurements to ours - pints and halfs, and then look at the results to have a better idea.
Does The Rock sell beer in bottles or cans?